Valiant Brawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valiant Brawlers

Elite Warriors of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Final Stand

Go down 
+6
scourge
higuyhere
Shiranui117
LucaTheLucario
Solidix Snike
Minby_Aran
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet
Test field: 10

The Final Stand - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 pm

"Yeah. I did. Why do you care?" Questor is barely containing the rage building inside him.
"Still angry, I see."
"Angry??!?!?" Questor loses control. "Of course I'm angry! The man whom I thought was my friend stabbed me in the back, literally and figuratively. In fact, angry is a complete understatement."
"I can explain..."
"Explain? Bah! No explanation wil-" Questor stops, then thinks for a second. "Fine, give your explanation. But know this: if I'm not satisfied, it ends now. So, it better be good."
"Glad to see you still have reason in that angry head of yours. Anyways..."
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm

"Anyways, you remember that I was courting Nicole back then, right?" Snike asked.
"Oh yeah. Why are you bringing that up?" Questor said.
"Because it is related to why I betrayed you. Here, it'd be better if you see what I mean," the Lord said, chanting a spell. When he finished, the room surrounding Questor and Snike disappeared, and reformed to be the Overlord's chambers. The Overlord was sitting on his personal throne, waiting for someone. Suddenly, the door swapped open, and a younger Snike entered the room.
"You wanted to see me, sir?" he said nervously.
"Yes, Snike, I did." the head assassin replied. "Now, you will tell me when Morgan will be attempting to take my life."
"I have no idea what you're talking about, my lord."
"Don't play dumb with me, Snike. I know you know when Morgan will try and kill me. I'm not stupid, you know."
"I know nothing! Honest, sir!"
"Well, I didn't want it to come to this, Snike, but, since you persist..." The Overlord snapped his fingers, and Nicole walked out from behind the throne. Her face was strangely blank, and her pupils were extremely dilated. Snike froze, shocked.
"Nicole...? What have you done, Overlord?" he said.
"Oh, just a spell I learned a few years back. She will do whatever I say now, and if I die, she'll kill herself. Now, tell me, when is Morgan going to attack me?"
"Never!"
"Very well. Nicole, please jump into the lava pit. "
"Yes, Master." She turned around, and began to approach the lava. When she was a few feet away from the edge, Snike broke.
"Okay, okay, I'll tell you! Just, stop her, please."
"I'm glad that you've seen reason. Nicole, return to your room."
"Yes, my lord." she said, and swiftly left the room.
"He's attacking tonight, sir," Snike said.
"Very good. Now, you will aid me in foiling his plot. Otherwise, I will kill your beloved wench."
"Yes, sir." the assassin said, dejectedly. He walked out of the room, and it shifted back to it's original state. The real Snike then turned to Questor.
"I've regretted that decision every since. It haunts me to this day. But, now do you see why I betrayed you?"
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:20 pm

"Yes, yes I do. Welcome back, old friend." says Questor, completely satisfied with the memory scene.
"Thanks." replies Snike, relieved.
"I saw you and Tukana talking in your room. What was that about it?"
"Haha. You don't miss much. Tukana was worried about the creatures, more specifically, their creator. Apparently, Glorgendel and the elves know of the guy. They've been on edge since arriving here."
"The elves know of him? You asked Par? He was there for awhile."
"Tukana went to him first. No luck."
"Hmmm... How about Pe Ell?"
"Tukana is heading there now. If we hurry, we can catch the end of the conversation." They quickly leave the room and manage to catch the end of the conversation.
"You really want to know?" asks Pe Ell.
"Yes. Yes we do." says Tukana, immediately aware of Questor and Snike being there.
"And Glorgendel won't tell you?"
"No. He will not."
"Hmmmm... Wait for Andar. He'll tell you when he gets here."
"And why won't you say?"
"It is not my place." With that, Pe Ell leaves the room, heading outside for a midnight walk on the walls.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 pm

-Carnivon-
Kisen and Co. entered the gates of Carnivon the next days. Almost immediately, he and Melissa relaxed. The town had a lazy atmosphere, and it soothed the two of them. The knight then turned to Cedrine and Kusa.
"We're going to go check on the outpost building. We'll meet you at the inn. If we don't return, get help." he said.
"Ok. Don't die, though." Cedrine replied. "It'd be a real shame if you did."
"Don't worry, we can handle ourselves." Melissa said, as they were walking away. Cedrine stood there for a minute, then took off to find the tavern, dragging Kusa with her.
-A few minutes later-
The door was left open, as if someone was expecting them. Kisen and Melissa walked in and stopped at the front desk. The secretary looked up at them.
"You're here from the base, right? Go all the way down to the hall and enter the room on the right." he said, with a bored expression. Silently wondering what was with the man, the two rebels proceeded down the hall. When they entered the room, they found nothing. As they stepped inside, the door was closed, and before he could turn around, Kisen felt a sharp pain on the back side of his head, and everything went black.
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 pm

"Raiden? Are you ok?"
Urg... I think so... but I'm not feeling so great...
"I'll bet. You basically just blew a hole in the dimensional wall. I need you to access the satellite... I need to check something..."
I'll try...
The Final Stand - Page 9 Mega-m10
"Dammit... It's just as i feared... I can still access the main core, but the laser is running on half power and little to no pinpoint accuracy. The only way to restore the system is to send a virtual copy of myself up there, but I don't have the parts... I'll need to scavange them from the main army..."
Look... I'm still only semi conscious, and you're still battered and bruised. Just forget it for tonight, and think on it in the morning.
"Ok, ok. I'll do just that."
The Final Stand - Page 9 Dark_d10
They may have damaged out interdimensional wormhole, but when we get it working, their so-called "light" dimension will fall to us... and we shall rule over them... BMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*cough* *hack* *cough*
Get me a cough drop...
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Cedrine sat Kusa down on a bar stool, and ordered the both of them drinks. Cedrine went with wine, while sake was Kusa's drink of choice. The various conversations between drunks and people just wanting to get away were white noise to the pair, until the doors to the tavern swung wide and a team of what appeared to be rebels marched in proudly. When they spotted Cedrine, they shouted, "Arrest the Lord!" Kusa quickly turned to the tavernmaster and asked, "Could I have a beer on top of this, please?" The tavernmaster nodded his approval and handed a bottle of beer to Kusa. Kusa shouted, "BAR FIGHT!!!" and chucked the bottle at a soldier, hitting him square in the face and knocking him on his ass as shards of glass and droplets of beer flew everywhere. The apparent group of rebels drew, ready to fight, but everyone else was beating each other up. A drunkard tried coming up to the side of a man who was minding his own business. The latter grabbed the former's head and slammed it on the counter fiercely, letting the drunk drop out cold. Cedrine sidestepped a man being thrown, who flew into the face of the guard who had been hit with a beer bottle. One of the group charged at Kusa. Kusa stuck his fist out, which the poor man smacked right into, and slid to the ground, out cold. Cedrine caught a stool thrown at her and whacked it across the face of the drunkard who had thrown it. She then discarded the bloody stool by throwing it at one of the "soldiers". Kusa hopped up on the counter and drop-kicked one of the guards. Cedrine backed him up by flashing her chest, causing the group to gawk and lower their guard.. She then kneed each one in the crotch and beat them with their shields. The pair pushed out of the tavern and ran towards where Kisen and Melissa had gone.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:33 pm

-Unknown amount of time later-
-???-
Kisen opened his eyes, head throbbing. He was in a dank cell along with someone else, but it was too dark to make out the person's face, and it seemed that they were unconscious. The knight tried to get up, but found out that he was chained to the wall of the cell. All of a sudden, he heard footsteps, followed by voices. He quickly pretended he was unconscious, as two men stopped in front of his cell.
"Ah, they're the ones from the Wanted list. Master Rakshaza will be pleased." one of them said.
"Yes, he will. Well, let's let them rot for a few weeks. It will help break their spirits. Then we'll hand them over to Lord Volverein." the other replied.
"Agreed." the first man said, as they walked off. Kisen re-opened his eyes. He began to play the events of the day over in his mind, but was interrupted by the other person stirring. The individual sat up, rubbing her head.
"Ow... Where am I?" she said. She looked up, and Kisen realized that the other prisoner was Melissa.
"We're in a cell, probably in the base." he said to her. "It looks like we walked right into a trap... I should have known better."
"No, neither of us are at fault. The town seemed normal from the outside. Anyways, did you hear anything from our captors while I was unconscious?"
"Yes. They ID'ed us, said something about how their master would be pleased. Oh yeah, they also said that they're leaving us here for a few weeks. After that, they're handing us over to Volverein."
"Oh, so the bastard's going to get me after all..."
"What do you mean? Why is Volverein interested in you?"
"He executed my adoptive father, and I think he wants to finish the job."
"Wow, what a coincidence. Volverein ordered the raid on my now-dead guild, who were essentially my family. By the way, what happened to your real family?"
"Long story. I'll tell you if we ever get out of here."
"It's a deal then. Now, to get out of here..." Kisen said, trying to think of a way to escape.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Cedrine stopped in her tracks in front of the base and put out an arm to halt Kusa. "We can't go in there. Lord Tukana told everyone the base at Carnivon had fallen. We have to flee the city, quickly." Cedrine dashed towards the trees, Kusa at her heels. They wove through the mangrove trees, leaping from root to root, never breaking stride. The full moon lit their way as they charged north, away from Carnivon.

--

Shira, Okami and Luna had finally arrived in the heart of the Anaron Swamp. Shira kept his eyes down as they stopped. Luna walked carefully forward and placed a hand on the Shadow Renegade's shoulder. "Shira, honey... What's wrong?" Shira shifted his eyes to look at her, not lifting his head. "This darkness... It's spreading through me. Corrupting me. I look at the full moon, and I'll become like a demon..." A snapping twig made Shira's head snap up, which inadvertently tempted him to look up at the moon. He gasped, frozen. He pushed Luna away. Okami looked up at Shira, and fell victim to the light of the moon as well. Okami's eyes turned from wolf-grey, to amber, to scarlet. Shira hunched over, pulsing. His nails grew into claws. His eyes widened, and were washed in blood-red. He could no longer speak, not that he had enough humanity to speak. Luna gasped and crawled away, terror plain in her eyes. Her breathing and movements shaky, she dashed off into the swamp. A demonic howl resounded behind her.

--

Kusa's and Cedrine's vigorous pace was interrupted by a girl stumbling and crying through the swamp. Kusa was quick to remember Luna. He ran over to her as she collapsed. He kneeled beside her in the brackish. "What? Is it Shira?" Luna nodded weakly, trembling all over. "H-he... Changed... The m-moon... Did something... Something terrible to him... And Okami... Th-they're... Monsters!" She hugged Kusa tightly, burying her face in his chest for protection. Cedrine reassured her. "We'll set him straight, or kill him trying." Just then, they saw Shira perched atop a mangrove tree a hundred feet away.
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Pe Ell arrives at the gate. "If you wouldn't mind opening the gate for me..."
"Yes, of course, Pe Ell." responds Rutem, who happened to have the watch for the night.
"Thank you." He walks out in the desert, contemplating his reasons for returning to Jawari. "Kill The Overlord, overthrow the Empire, dispose of the Tekawai... That was why I came back. Time for me to fly solo." He continues walking into the desert.
About an hour after Pe Ell walks out the front gate, Hedret runs up to the gate, panting. Following close behind are Questor and Par.
"Rutem... that's your name, right?" pants Hedret.
"Yes. Why?"
"Open the gate."
"Of course." He opens the gate, and the three run through. "Why is everyone leaving all of a sudden? First Pe Ell, now these three. Something must happen at night..."
After an hour of steady running, the three finally catch up to Pe Ell.
Looks like solo time is over. Oh well... "Hello."
"Pe Ell... what do you think you're doing?" panted Hedret, hands on his knees.
"Doing what I came here for."
"Which was...?" asked Par, apparently not tired from the long run.
"Killing The Overlord, overthrowing the Empire. Stuff like that. Stuff that I best do alone."
"Alone? Bah. We all want to kill The Overlord as much as you do. We all want Vode removed from power. We're doing this together." states Hedret, determined to convince his old friend.
"You don't want The Overlord dead as much as I do. No one does, no one ever will..."

-flashback-

"I can't stand these corrupt fools in power."
"Neither can I, Odom. Neither can I."
"I've decided to do something about it. I'm gonna start an assassination guild. You and me, we'll run it and kill those fools. Sound good?"
"Of course, not that I have much choice in the matter, you being my twin..."
"Thank you, Pe Ell." Odom pauses. "You know, we'll be famous one day. I betcha that people a thousand years from now will be talking about us..."

-end flashback-

"Fine. You guys can come. But it is a dictatorship; I decide where we go and how we accomplish our goals, okay?"

Last edited by Csquared08 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:34 am

No words were spoken by either side. Shira, glaring down at them with blood-red eyes intent on slaughter. Kusa, staring back, averting eye contact out of hatred for what his old friend had allowed himself to become. Cedrine, gazing at him, seemingly unnerved and calm. After several minutes of this, Kusa raised his arms slightly, closed his eyes and began chanting. Shira flew off like a shot. Blue Fire shot out behind Kusa towards Shira seemingly of its own volition.
Cedrine used earth magic to trap Shira, but just as fast as the trap was conjured, pinning Shira's legs, the trap was released as if the ground had changed its mind. Cedrine turned to see an Okami with the same scarlet eyes as the monster that was once her adopted son, the Giant Wolf's fur mangled from haphazardly running through underbrush, brackish swampwater and scraping through thorn bushes. His ivory fangs glinted in the moonlight as he let out a hideous snarl, saliva running from his mouth, as if he was sick. Okami loosed a pulse of lightning, which Cedrine only just barely managed to block with a shield of sand. She drew her spear and said in a low voice she knew the Wolf's acute hearing could snatch her words on the vague winds. She snapped water at the beast, but the agile Wolf easily hopped out of the way and retaliated with a Stone Shard. Cedrine caught the shards using her own magic and clumped them together into a ball. She used a whip of water as a chain. To further add impact, she mounted spikes on the ball. She swung at the Wolf, putting Okami on the evasive. He ducked, leapt, hopped, ran and blocked around the fearsome new threat. The monster eventually put up a stone wall as the ball and chain connected with it, shattering the ball, and jarring the chain. Cedrine used the remaining water to snap Okami in the face, making the beast yowl with shock, pain and rage. He hopped back, and in his rage, he jumped onto the stone wall and up the branches of the same mangrove tree Shira had crouched upon. When he reached the top, Okami snarled then did a fearsome howl. Thunder shot down from the sky, striking the Wolf.
The electrical energy coalesced around Okami, at first in a ball. It eventually shaped into a Wolf, with Okami at its heart. The tree buckled under the sheer intensity of the electricity, raining splinters down the battlefield before the tree itself cracked apart, raining down massive chunks of wood the size of men.
In the meantime, Kusa and Shira fended off the timber, before returning to their own battle. A Two-Tailed Kitsune stood on Kusa's side, and with their combined strength, they matched Shira's dark control over fire and water. A violet flamethrower shot at the Kitsune, making the spirit yowl with fury. He screamed and a more powerful stream of Blue Fire erupted from his mouth, blasting apart the Flamethrower. Kusa chambered his hands at his sides and thrust them forward, creating a rolling ball of Blue Fire. This counteroffensive made Shira leap out of the way. Cedrine facing the now-demonic Seismic Tempest, Kusa and his Kitsune deity facing down the monstrous Flaming Tsunami that was once his trusted friend, the battle raged on...
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Suddenly, there were footsteps. The mage and the knight pretended to be unconscious, as the sound approached their cell. There was a click, and the cell door swung open. A girl with long light-brown hair and a naval captain's hat stepped into the cell, producing a set of keys. Stunned, Kisen and Melissa stopped their act and looked at her.
"What are you-" Melissa started.
"Shh!" the girl whispered angrily, as she unshackled them both. "Do you want to get out of here?"
"Oh, so you're breaking us out? How did you know we were here? Who are you?" Kisen whispered.
"Yes, I'm saving you. As for the other questions, there's no time. We have to go. Now." she retorted, unlocking the last manacle.
"Thank you," the thief said, as he got up and helped Melissa stand.
"No problem. Follow me." The mysterious woman said, abruptly turning around and, exiting the cell, walking to the left. Kisen and Melissa scrambled after her, passing the various decrepid cells. She led the two escapees to a door, and the trio sneak through, and head up the hall of the base. The enigmatic girl stopped in front of the hall, and turned to them.
"Okay, so your weapons are up just ahead, but there's a guard. Do you want me to get them for you, or can we get out of here?"
"Allow me," Kisen said, cracking his gloved knuckles. He walked past the girl, into the hall, and twirled his cape which had not been removed from him, rendering him invisible. Then, walking up to the guard, he released his glove's claws, and stabbed the poor sap in the back of the neck, preventing him from screaming. Instead of blood pouring out from the fatal wound, the 'man' dissappated into nothing, leaving his empty clothing on the floor. Shocked, the thief turned to the girl.
"What was that thing?" he asked.
"A shapeshifter, I think. Get your weapons and let's get out of here!" she exclaimed, slightly unnerved. The two complied, and ran out as soon as they reequipped their respective weapons. They automatically ran for the gate, as people realized that they escaped and chased. The trio were almost to the gate when ten 'rebels' blocked thier path. Kisen drew his sword, and used a new ability of the upgraded weapon. He slashed, and a red crescent of energy rushed forth from the blade, cutting through and incinerating three of them, allowing the knight, the mage, and their savior to rush through the gap. For good measure, Melissa cast a large fireball over her shoulder, igniting the gate. Kisen sheathed his sword, and picked up speed, as they escaped the monsterous town. About an hour later, the group finally stopped.
"Thanks for saving us, miss." Kisen said.
"Oh, it was no problem. Well then, I'll see you around. Kisen, Melissa, farewell." the girl replied.
"Wait, how do you know our na-" Melissa asked, but before she could finish her question, there was a flash of light, and the girl was gone.
"... Now that I think about it, she does seem familar." the knight said. The mage opened her mouth to speak, but right then, there was a big thud, a shard of stone planted itself in the tree Kisen was standing in front of, inches away from his head. Pulling out his sword, the knight ranover in the direction from where the shard came from.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Cedrine glanced over her shoulder when she heard footsteps through the swamp. Kisen and Melissa rushed into the patch of swamp the battle was unweaving in. The Aqua Fault barked, "About time! Now get over here and help out! Kisen, you grapple with Shira! Melissa, team up with me!" The pair burst into action. Kisen drew Baragnus and charged Shira. The feral boy shrieked and dodged, flying twenty feet away. He stood facing Kisen, claws poised to kill. Kusa took advantage of the opportunity and did a double-attack with the Two-Tailed Kitsune. The Kitsune swung a tail at Shira, the appendage magically lengthening to put Shira in its range. Shira turned and bit down on the spectral tail, causing the Kitsune to yowl in pain. It disappeared, having been scared back into the Spirit World. Kusa swore now that the double-attack was ruined. He began chanting again, bringing forth a Four-Tail after a few minutes. Kisen kept Shira at bay in the meantime, but Shira's claws proved to pack a punch, being faster than Kisen's heavier sword. The holy armor kept the paladin from being harmed, however. As Kisen swung his sword down, forcing Shira to evade, the Flaming Tsunami was snowplowed ferociously by the Kitsune. He retaliated with a blood-curdling shriek that raked the swamp haze, and stared deeply into the Kitsune's eyes. Shira grinned demonically and slashed the Kitsune's neck. The spirit screamed and leapt back, firing flurries of Blue Fire to punish this strange adversary. Kusa put his magic together with the Kitsune, overwhelming Shira. The corrupt Lord cast a shroud of darkness. Kusa, Kisen and the Kitsune could not find him; he was unseeable, indistinguishable from the swamp stench, and had somehow become silent. They scanned the surrounding muck, trees and dank ground, but he was nowhere to be found. Then they heard a snarl behind them...
Cedrine and Melissa had their hands full with the enlarged, electrified Okami. Cedrine dared not use water magic, and Melissa had resolved to use only ice magic. Okami crouched down and electrified the water. Cedrine and Melissa only barely managed to hop up on a tree root. Cedrine took all the electrified water, coalesced it into a giant ball, and Melissa froze it and protruded spikes around it. Melissa and Cedrine combined their magical strength, swung it like a pendulum on an invisible string, and rolled it at the Seismic Tempest. The surprised wolf couldn't dodge in time, and the electric energy was stunned. The Wolf recovered and re-electrified, but not before the two women significantly closed the distance gap. Cedrine pointed her spear at the center of the electric energy, at Okami's heart. She conjured a dome of stone to protect her from becoming electrified. She hung there for a moment, in a battle of willpower. Cedrine's determination won out, and the energy exploded and dissipated as Cedrine's spear impaled Okami's chest, poking out the other side. The Giant Wolf, Okami the Seismic Tempest, howled, lamenting his sealed fate, and silently sank down to the muddy swampbed, never to rise again.
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 pm

"Hmmm... Heat flashes off to the south west..."
You ok? You've been really subdued since the trip through the portal.
"I have re-evaluated my life, and have decided that I must remain calm unless something shows me otherwise..."
You idiot. You cannot live the rest of your life in fear of the "Others", you need to get back out there, and fight alongside your friends to defeat the "Others", hiding behind that facade of wisdom and tranquility! You're a hyperactive hero, who usually thinks with his heart instead of your head. Get out there and fight until this land is free. You promised you would help, so get out there, and help anyone you can!
"Thanks. I needed that. I need to see the scientists about something..."
Grab 'n' GO!!! We've got work to do!!!
Hmmm... He's acting more like I usually do, and I him. This requires further study.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Shira reappeared again when Okami fell. He screamed as the body of his best friend sunk into the marsh, stunning the group. The feral boy launched a massive fireball at Cedrine, who barely had enough time to block with a wave of water. The force of the impact, however, sent the Lord flying, and she hit a tree, falling unconscious. The corrupted Commandant suddenly began to glow bright grey. His weapons pulsated with silver energy. He simply pointed at Melissa, and a blast of silver energy hit her from the side, also knocking her out. Kisen, furious, ran at the monster and attempted to stab Shira. The latter grabbed the former's blade, ripped it out of his hands, and tossed it aside, in one swift motion. He then punched the disarmed knight with the force of a twelve-guage shotgun, sending him through a tree. Kisen tried to get up, but didn't have the strength to.
"I-is that... the power of Lunar... energy..?" he managed to get out, before he grew still.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:35 pm

The demon-possessed Shiranui howled, as if presenting his rage to the heavens themselves. Kusanagi of the Forest charged a blast of Celestial Flame and shot it at Shiranui. Shiranui dodged easily. Kusanagi fired flurries of Spectral Flame, which the child counteracted by loosing his own dark fire, lunar energy, and Darkness. The Four-Tail Guardian of the Yamato Clan took the blasts of Lunar energy, while Kusanagi avoided the corrupting darkness and scorching fire. Shiranui used a whip of flame to grab Kusanagi, slamming him against the ground. The Four-Tail roared and unleashed his full fury. His tails waved about, gathering energy from the surrounding landscape. The energy pooled in front of the Kitsune's mouth, and, when mixed with Celestial Flame, created a vortex of energy, enough to wipe out a blight covering a mountain. The beam shot out at Shiranui, making him scurry like a scared rabbit. The Four-Tail gave chase and pinned Shira. The feral, possessed child slashed again and again, yowling with fear. The Kitsune brought his head to Shiranui's. The Four-Tails' eyes glinted brightly as he breathed upon Shiranui. "O woeful child of the Forest, torn in half, be rid of your darkness, and become yourself." The liquid darkness fled from Shira like cockroaches in the light. The Guardian lifted Kusanagi from the ground with one of its tails and placed him next to Shiranui. Kusa's body pulsed with light, and was returned to a spirit form once more, for the first time in three years. The spirit was placed inside a necklace worn by the Guardian. A girl wearing dark clothing knelt at Shiranui's side, and the Fox Spirit took both children. The Guardian turned to the Mage. Taking the Mage, Shiranui, the girl and Kusanagi's essence with him, the spectral Kitsune returned to the Areyu Forest, at the site of the Yamato Clan's village.
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:36 pm

"Volverein... It has been too long."
"It took us a long time to regain enough power to partially break the spell. Now that you are here, we should be able to easily break the spell and unleash your armies on the elves."
"And our goal of 6000 years ago will finally come to fruition. Just remember this: Andar is mine to destroy."
"Of course. Whatever you wish." Volverein heads back for the Royal Palace, followed closely by Vaisey, who is still mad at Rakshaza about the raid on Astranova.
"It's good to be back." Rakshaza looks around at the land that is to be his, quite pleased with how things are going. The creation of the ultimate being is nearly complete and Andar's great power will be made null and void.

----

The repair team at Astranova is already almost finished replacing the section of wall destroyed during the raid. Supervising (and occassionally helping) the operation are Rutem, Kyle, and Durin.
"Anyone ever seen those creatures before?" asked Kyle, still unsure of how they exist.
"Yes. I've seen-" Durin cathces himself before saying "pictures."
"How? When?" asks Rutem, now very curious.
"They... raided us earlier. A few years back." lies Durin.
"Oh. Must have been tough repelling an army of those beasts. Lizards, wolves, lions, snakes, birds. All made stronger, faster, bigger, and given special properties setting them apart from normal animals. Not natural." Rutem pauses, then says, "I wonder where they came from..."
"I do too." says Kyle, now focused on thinking about the creatures, not noticing Durin squirming uncomfortably, who doesn't want to say anything more on the matter.

Last edited by Csquared08 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 am

-A few hours later-
Kisen stirred awake. He shakily got up and looked around. Melissa was still unconscious, so he retrieved his sword from a nearby stump, set up camp, then picked the mage up and set her in her tent, and began to light a fire. While he was making the fire, the knight saw something glint in the corner of his eye. Curious, he set aside his current task, and went to check the glint. He picked up the object, a light-green crystal, brought it back to the camp, and placed it next to his sword. When he turned back around, having successfully started the fire, he found the crystal embedded in his sword, mysteriously, right beside the red gem. He brushed the event out of his mind when Melissa exited her tent.
"Had a nice sleep?" Kisen asked, as she sat down beside him.
"Oof, what hit me?" she asked in reply.
"Shira went berserk after the wolf died, and he gained some kind of power from the moon. He nailed you with some sort of greyish energy, and punched me through a tree. I only woke up a few minutes ago. Are you OK?"
"Yeah. So, where are Shira, Kusa, and Cedrine? And what about that girl Shira was with?"
"No clue. There's no sing that anyone else has been here, though. Maybe they used that magic that girl had... Anyways, now that there's no immediate danger, why don't you tell me the story about your family?"
"Well, I DID say I'd tell you..." Melissa said, before beginning her tale. "So, until ten years ago, I used to live in a village just south of Turgwon. Ten years ago, a band of brigands raided our village, killing everyone except me and my friend named Marie. Marie disappeared in a flash of light, leaving me all alone. I was found by a wizard of Turgwon, and he took me in as his own. I thought I was the only one who survived it, but, as it turns out, the father of my friend Marie survived, and I think his wife did, too. Dan was the one who recruited me, and the man who sent us on this mission."
"... The village was south of Turgwon?"
"Yes, I'm sure of it, because the we could see its' gate from the watchtower."
"I see. Is your last name, by any chance, Bellevue?"
"Y-yes, how do you know my surname?"
"Melissa, you were wrong about you being the only survivor. I'm Kisen Coeurpur, your neighbour and friend."
"W-Wha?"
"It's true, I did stay behind and fight. But I only got knocked out, and when I awoke, I was in the thief guild that raised me for the past ten years. I thought you were dead."
"I thought you were as well."
"Well, all's well that ends well, right?"
"Yeah, I guess..."
"Let's leave it at that for now," Kisen said, abruptly getting up. "We're both worn out from that fight and imprisonment. Let's continue this tomorrow."
"O-ok. Good night, Kisen."
"Good night, Melissa."
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Shira woke slowly, groggily. His eyes opened once, and closed as if stones were weighing them down. Only after great effort did he open his eyelids. He was in the Areyu Forest... But how? Was this a dream? Was he dead? Had everything he experienced for the last two months been a dream? He looked around... No Okami. No Kusa. No Luna. No Keith, Trinity, Snike, Cedrine, Vode, Volverein, James, that knight he almost killed, the mage he wasted... He sighed heavily, wearily, and laid back down. What had happened? Where was he? Who was he? He started to slip back into the strange comfort of being unconscious before a voice tore him from his sleep. "Rise, Shiranui Yamato." Shira gasped as he felt a light emanate from him. For the first time, he looked down at himself... A white shirt, with orange flames rising up from the bottom. A cloak with the same design wrapped around him, cloaking his arms. His arms were likewise covered with white coverings, featuring orange lacing, leaving the fingers exposed. Around his legs was a slightly darker orange hakama, and on his feet were tabi with the same manner of decoration as his arm covers. He slowly rose, wondering where these clothes came from. He looked around to see who spoke, but saw no one; only moss-covered remnants of a village.

Looking at the buildings, suddenly, inexplicably, he had flashes... Moss-covered buildings became stone and wooden structures, with children running around. Another flash, a father patting his son's head. Shira stood, perplexed. He slowly walked into a house, half-destroyed, the roof and large sections of the wall gone, moss and vines covering everything. He studied the ruined home, wondering why everything seemed so familiar... He saw a table, a fire pit, a doorway leading into bedrooms... Why did he suddenly pine to be a small child in the smallest bed? He didn't know... He sank down, kneeling at the side of the bed. He wept. The first time he ever remembered crying... Why? Had this been his home? Had this village been the life he was torn from, by the whims of a few savages? Why the hell didn't he get to ever know his own family, his own heritage? His sadness quickly turned from anguish to rage. He slammed his fist against the wall, which complained with a crack. Shira stopped with a start... How much damage had been done by his own rashness, by his own rage? Okami had died. Many rebels he had killed, simply because a man on a throne told him anyone who opposed him needed to be exterminated. What a monster he had been...

Again, the voice echoed: Shiranui... Underneath the table... Shira turned around. That voice again... But no one. He crept towards the main room. He lifted the small table gently; there were no chairs for it, since the table was designed to be at sitting height. Shira found a trapdoor under a rug. He pulled it open, and underneath it, there laid a katana with a green-laced hilt. The blade itself had green streaks running through it. At the part of the blade just above the hilt, he found an inscription, the same language he had found inside the Kitsune shrine... But, wasn't it only Kusa inside there? Regardless, he read: "I am the one whose master is the son of a forgotten people, and my name echoes on the winds that cut through the forest and the plains. Kusanagi." Kusa's full name... Why?
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Shira again heard the voice. "Look, underneath the table..." Shira slowly crept to the table, only high enough to kneel at. He lifted the table, and moved the rug. A section of floor was removable... He removed it, and found a katana. He pulled it out of its cache, and set his hand on the leather hilt, alternating strips of light and dark green... He drew the blade. It was silver, streaked with the green of grass. At the section of the blade closest to the hilt, he found an inscription in the same language as that found inside the Kitsune shrines... But only Kusa had been in there, not he. How did he know what the temple looked like? Regardless, he read the writing: "I belong to the son of the forgotten, the sword called Kusanagi." Kusa's full name... The voice once more echoed, seemingly right in front of him. Shira looked to see a shadow. He wondered if he should attack, Kusanagi at his side... "I believe you are aware of your full name now, Shiranui Yamato." A Kitsune materialized in front of Shira, but this one was different. A one-tailed as large as Okami, with no spectral blue anywhere. It looked for all the world like a very large fox. It lighted down and looked at the room as one might when re-entering an old house. He turned his gaze back to Shira, amber eyes almost seeming to glow, peering into his very soul. "This village was razed twelve years ago, when you were three, and still one. This was your village... The Marauders were sent by Vode to capture you, a mere toddler. Sadly, the Marauders cared not for the rest of the village, and their brutish nature reared its head, slaying every woman, man and child. Your father begged me to protect you, so I split you into two separate beings. One of the halves, Kusanagi, I took into the Spirit World, and raised in the village mirroring this one, where he honed his magic talents. The other one, Shira, was taken by a Giant Wolf pup, the one you called Okami. Through a rugged life in the forest, you developed your physical abilities." Shira was perplexed. "But... Kusa said his village was raided three years ago, while mine was twelve years ago... How does what you said make any sense?" The Kitsune shrugged and laughed briefly. "I was earnestly hoping you would ask that. Three years ago, demons somehow broke into the Spirit World. They killed a good number of Kitsune, and demolished the Spirit World village before settling into shadow forms of those they had slain. I ejected Kusa back into the physical world, where you found him soon after, but retained a constant presence in him. Since both of you were only half-souls, you were prone to corruption... Shira was a prime example of this. My presence in Kusa kept him safe. As long as one half was pure, the other could be saved from any harm."

Shira mulled over what the fox spirit had just said. "Alright, what you said holds enough ground, I guess... But why was Vode after me? Why did he destroy an entire clan just to find one kid?" The Kitsune sighed heavily, wearily. "You know nothing of your bloodline... Your innate abilities. Yours is a bloodline that holds the power of the Forest, the Kitsune, the Sun and the Moon. Your talents do not need to be learned, only discovered. You would be perfect for one of the Emperor's pets... I split you in two so Vode would not capture you." Shira thought about the first time Vode spoke to him; the Emperor's words echoed through his head. "I brought you here because you have a very interesting birth secret... Some very potent powers locked away inside of you... With my help, you can learn both your birth secret and how to blossom and tame your true potential... The little orphan from the forest becoming one of the most powerful warriors in all the Empire... Care to float that idea about?" Shira gasped suddenly as he remembered Vode's request to "Bring your friends." He was referring to Kusa, specifically... The Kitsune nodded, reading his mind. "Now, take your blade, your inheritance. I shall travel with you wherever you go, as I promised I would when only one of the Yamato clan remained. You decide how you use the hero's blood that flows through your veins." Shira sheathed Kusanagi and slipped the sheath around his waist. "To kill Vode, and avenge my people... And to free Jawari." The Kitsune nodded. "Oh, and by the way, your clothes aren't the only thing that changed..." The Kitsune led Shira to a spring. Shira looked at his reflection. He had dark blue eyes. His hair was the same manner as Kusa's, only brown, like Shira's before Vode's corruption. Shiranui Yamato began walking south, his past clear, his mind whole, his destiny waiting, the Kitsune at his side.
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Luna sat, alone. Her mind was racing and her heart was in pain. She looked up at the sky and sighed. Zuri's big tail wrapped around her. "I'm fine, Zuri..." "I know... It is I who is not ok..." He nuzzled her cheek and sighed. Luna smiled softly, petting Zuri's snout. "What's wrong?" "It is time for me to go." Luna's heart sunk. "Go...? Where?" "Away. You no longer need me." Zuri whined and licked her cheek. "Goodbye, Luna..." Zuri faded away. Luna's cheeks were streaked with tears. "Zuri..." She stood up and looked around.
Suddenly, Luna felt different. Her mind-set changed. She became lighter of heart and spirit. A white light eminated from her being. Her head-band became white, changing into a Japanese victory head-band, her minidress turned into a white shirt, pants extending from the bottom, her black and blue boots turned to white, pointing at the tips, and her ears faded to white. "What's this...?" She looked down at her clothes. A black wolf, only a little smaller than Okami, walked out of the shadows. "Hello, Lunaria." She narrowed her eyes and took a few steps away. "Who are you?" "My name is Kurayami," the black wolf replied. Luna gasped. "That means darkness..." "I am here to replace your old gaurdian. I am your new guide and protector." Luna smiled. "Protector? Ok..." The wolf wrapped his tail around her, amber eyes burning with evil. The dark and light, yin and yang, hand come together. Who knew what would happen?
Luna looked around. "Shira?" She sighed and climbed onto Kurayami's back, relaxing. "Let's stay here... I want to rest..." Kurayami nodded his large head and laid down. Luna watched the stars, wishing Shira was there to see her.
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 pm

"Excuse me, can I ask you something?"
Sure. What is it, sir TD?
"Ok, but first? Don't call me sir. Second... can you look at my gun? it's behavior is odd- it does more damage during the day, and against shadow related beings..."
W- What?
"The thing is, I was wondering if you knew why. This gun was given to me by my parents, right before they were attacked by demons..."
Did you say it does more damage in sunlight?
"Well, during the day, but basically, yes."
I - I need to consult the historian about this...
"Whatever. I'll wait..."
Standing perplexedly as the flustered scientist walked away, Td260 pondered why his question should entice such a response. A few minutes later, the scientist reappears with the historian.
So... you have the solar gun of legend, do you not?
"W-What? I never said that..."
No, not exactly... But your gun is more powerful in sunlight, is it not?
"Well, yeah..."
And it does more damage to shadow related enemies, does it not?
"Yes... But how is that relev-"
There are accounts throughout history of a race of people with the ability to control the natural solar energy in our world. However, about 1000 years back, there was a conflict. Their race was broken and scattered across the lands. Most interbred, but their blood runs true. Only them can control their legendary "Solar Guns" correctly. Mr. Adams? Care to demonstrate? Attempt to hit that target over there...
Ok...
*CLICK*
Hmmm?
*CLICK* *CLICK CLICK CLICK*
That's odd... it won't fire.
"This is ridiculous. I saw other people fire the gun..."
Yes, a few people have enough "solar genetics" to fire it... But they cannot really use it to the potential I have seen you use it, Mr. TD... You must have lucked out and gotten more than the average gene...
"This is ridiculous. I'm leaving..."
It may seem preposterous now, but believe me, it will show itself to you...
"Raiden..."
Yes?
"I don't want to give him the pleasure in knowing it, but can you do a check for these "solar people" he was talking about? With the laser out of commission, we need every weapon in our arsenal..."
Right away sir...
"OK!!! LETS GET CRACKING OUT ON THE ROAD!!!... once I find out where I should go..."
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 am

Shira walked the Areyu Forest, his clan guardian at his side, floating through the air. "You say you look for a girl named Lunaria. Why, Shiranui?" Shira tilted his head, giving the Kitsune a glance. "Because, frankly, I still love her, reunified body or still divided..." Shira snapped his head in the direction of crinkling leaves. He crept towards the source of the disturbance, hand resting on Kusanagi's hilt, ready to draw the blade and cut an attacker in two. He moved aside some undergrowth, revealing a black wolf nearly Okami's size, snarling menacingly. Shira gave a warning battle cry and drew Kusanagi. The wolf did not move. The pair stood frozen until a familiar voice called out, "Kurayami, stop that! It's okay!" Shira turned to see Luna. Her change shocked him, but she stared at him, puzzled. "I almost think I know you... My name's Lunaria, Luna for short. This is Kurayami, my protector." Shira realized he looked drastically different, since he was reunified. He decided to play along. "Ah. But, if you don't mind me asking, how did someone so affiliated with light become associated with such a dark protector?" Kurayami snarled in response, "That's none of your business, human. Leave." Luna gave him a suspicious look. "Don't try pulling anything on me. I-I already have a boyfriend, and he'll kick your ass when he gets here..." Shira took a step towards her. She took a step back, and Kurayami barked menacingly. Shira gave up. "Luna, come here... It's me, Shiranui Yamato." Luna looked at him, eyes widened. "...Shira..? What happened to you..? Your hair's not black! You look... Wait, why do you look more like Kusa?" Shira sighed and explained the story. Luna's head was down, trying to sort through what he had just explained. "So... Shira was purified by the Kitsune, and re-fused with Kusa? Hmmm..." Shira stepped forward and hugged her. "Look, it's just one final change. No more changing, promise." Luna laughed half-heartedly. "Alright... But this is annoying me. You're changing every few weeks..." She sighed and leaned against him. He rubbed her back and they stood there for a moment. He let go of her, and she slipped back. "We can talk more later. I'm going to help the rebels... I trust you still hate the Empire?" She nodded. "Alright. Then let's go," was Shira's verdict. The trio slipped down the hill back to Shira's Kitsune guardian. The floating fox turned to face Luna. "I trust you are the lady called Luna. Well met." The spectral being loomed over Kurayami. It whispered, "I'll be watching you, demon wolf..." Shira and Luna eyed their respective companions before deciding a fight would not erupt. The group made their way south, towards Astranova. They were about to get a few new recruits...
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:56 am

Kurayami lifted Luna onto his back, his large body barely feeling her weight. "Yami, are you a demon?" Luna asked the black wolf. "Yes, I am, but I am your gaurdian and protector." Luna nodded. "Of course!" This new wolf reminded her so much of Okami that she smiled with each word her said and step her took. "Okami," she whispered. "We miss you..." Yami looked a Shira, Luna, then the Kitsune. "I'm darkness surrounded by light... Influencing this girl will be difficult with those two around..." Luna slid off Yami's back and ran to walk with Shira. She wrapped her arms around his waist and smiled. "I'm so happy..." Shira wrapped an arm around her shoulders and smiled. "You should be." The many of them continued to walk along, Kurayami holding his evil plans close to action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Stand
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9