Valiant Brawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valiant Brawlers

Elite Warriors of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Final Stand

Go down 
+6
scourge
higuyhere
Shiranui117
LucaTheLucario
Solidix Snike
Minby_Aran
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
The Shadow
advance member
The Shadow

Character sheet
Test field: 10

The Final Stand - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:13 am

Keith checked to make sure everyone was asleep before climbing a tree near the camp. though it probably wasnt needed, he had decided to keep watch over the camp for a while. he got to a high brach and sat down. he could see pretty far from all the way up here. he pulled out a cigar and lit it with a match. he watched for a couple of minutes before he heard a voice behind him say
"you know its not good to smoke Keith" the voice told him
"I thought you were asleep" he said turning around. on the branch behind him was Trinity. she carefully stepped across to the branch he was on and sat down.
"so what are you watching for?" she asked him
"well we are near the capital and it seemed shira was taken by people hired by the emperor or... wait did you hear that?" Keith suddenly started looking at the surronding woods. Keith quickly jumped down and ran into the woods. Trinity just sat there and waited for him to return. a couple minutes later he came back.
"did you find anything" Trinity jumped and floated down towards the ground, landing in front of him
"no but i swear i heard something. just go back to bed and get some sleep, im going to continue watching." Keith started to climb the tree again, but then Trinity grabbed his foot
"no, Keith im going to watch with you." she said
"fine" he scontinued to climb the tree. once they reached the top, they sat and watched over the camp, together
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Shira was crouched in the bushes, Volverein and Okami at his side. Volverein snarled, "Those idiots are actually smart, whaddya know... God knows why Vode wants you to convince these half-wits to join the Imperial ranks. If this is your initiation ceremony, then just get it over with fast so we can get back to the Palace and give you an actual assignment that doesn't involve staking out a bunch of random kids." Shira growled and returned his gaze to Keith and Trinity up in the tree. He wondered to himself, "Should I just walk up to camp, keep sneaking in this way, or take them by force like I was?" He then remembered Luna. He couldn't scare her like that. He eyed Volverein decidedly and offered, "I'm gonna wait 'til morning. You wanna go back home, you can. Sneaking in or walking into the camp'd be too suspicious, now that Keith's on edge." Volverein rumbled with annoyance and vanished in a dark swirl, having warped back to the Palace. Shira now focused his attention on his canteen. He unscrewed it and practiced manipulating the water inside. He could snap it out like a whip, form a waterfall that was enough to blast away a bush, and create a defensive shield of water with what he already had. But he couldn't spontaneously create water like most talented water mages. Since he didn't want to make any more noise, he simply slipped and wove the water in between low branches. Okami eyed the water with a lazy interest, donned in his Storm Armor. The pair waited quietly until the sun rose.

As dawn spread its golden wings over the horizon, Shira mounted Okami. The armor was very compact and didn't rub against the bordering plates as Okami padded silently towards the camp. They blended in seamlessly with the shadows, aside from the stained crimson of Okami's armor and Shira's piercing scarlet eyes. As they reached the camp, Shira snaked smoothly off Okami's back and touched down delicately on the ground. He slinked over to the head of Luna's sleeping bag and sank back, legs crossed. Luna stirred, churning inside her bag. Shira quickly swept his eyes over the other sacks, but they were all dead-still. Keith and Trinity were leaned against the main trunk of the tree, having fallen asleep on duty. Shira looked down as Luna opened her eyes. He wondered if she'd recognize him. She looked up at him and started to gasp before he cupped a hand to her mouth. He whispered in her ear harshly, "Damnit Luna, stay quiet. I don't want the others waking up yet. It's me... Shira." Luna was stunned by Shira's transformation; a week had passed and he was nearly entirely changed. She hardly recognized his now deeper, more direct voice. She sat up and stroked his cheek, smiling sadly. "Shira... What'd they do to you? You're not even close to the same boy I met out in the desert... What happened?"

Shira started to respond before a shot of Blue Fire roared past his head. Shira turned around to face Kusa, glaring at him. He demanded, "Get. Out." Shira rose to his feet cautiously, spread his arms out innocently and said, "Kusa... It's me. Shira. I figured you all'd be happy to see me and Okami again..." Okami trotted in behind Kusa as he spoke, sniffing the air. Kusa glowered at the both of them and growled, "I don't want you here. You've been corrupted by the Empire--look at yourself, damnit! You're just another puppet, another tool to hunt down people who just want to be free of any tyranny. Leave or die."
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 pm

Luna looked at Shira, then Kusa. "Sh-shira," she said, timidly. "You aren't the person I fell in love with..." Luna teared up and ran into Kusa's arms. She hid against him. "K-kusa..." He hugged her once. "Shhhh. It's ok." He glared at Shira and Okami.
Luna's mind was racing. Her heart still begged for Shira, but her mind told her no. She decided to try something different. "Shira," she said as she approached. "Why did you listen to them? Wh-why did you become... like them? What happened to the boy I love...? And the wolf I love...? Wh-why would you listen to them...? Why would you do this to me? To Kusa? To all of us?" She continued to speak in a soft, loving tone, saying things that showed him all the wrong he was doing. "Wake up from this Shira... Wake up and become who you really are... Wake up and remember who I fell in love with..." She then put one foot forward and prepared to fight. "Or would you rather kill me now...?" Her voice was fierce on the last line. She meant what she said.
Inside her mind, she was crying. "I know he's gonna kill me... He's become heartless like the others in the empire... Like all my old friends..."
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:26 am

LucaTheLucario wrote:
Luna looked at Shira, then Kusa. "Sh-shira," she said, timidly. "You aren't the person I fell in love with..." Luna teared up and ran into Kusa's arms. She hid against him. "K-kusa..." He hugged her once. "Shhhh. It's ok." He glared at Shira and Okami.
Luna's mind was racing. Her heart still begged for Shira, but her mind told her no. She decided to try something different. "Shira," she said as she approached. "Why did you listen to them? Wh-why did you become... like them? What happened to the boy I love...? And the wolf I love...? Wh-why would you listen to them...? Why would you do this to me? To Kusa? To all of us?" She continued to speak in a soft, loving tone, saying things that showed him all the wrong he was doing. "Wake up from this Shira... Wake up and become who you really are... Wake up and remember who I fell in love with..." She then put one foot forward and prepared to fight. "Or would you rather kill me now...?" Her voice was fierce on the last line. She meant what she said.
Inside her mind, she was crying. "I know he's gonna kill me... He's become heartless like the others in the empire... Like all my old friends..."
Before Luna could even blink, Shira lunged towards her and tucked her into his arms. She pressed against him, quivering. Shira's eyes were dark, yet soft. "Luna..." Shira spoke gently, comfortingly. "I remember who I am. I've just changed a little. That's all. I still love you. I always will. I know this is a shock to you, but you'll get used to it. Just give it a little bit of time... For me? Come on back to the Capital City. I'll explain everything to you and the others. Keith and Trinity need to get there anyway, and we were planning on heading there already... Right?" Shira kissed her head softly. Okami padded over to the two, sniffing and licking Luna's cheek. That only pushed her more. She pressed more tightly against him, struggling not to cry. "No... No... Shira, no... You're tearing me apart..." She broke down, crying. Shira picked her up, leaning her cheek against his. "Shhhhh... Don't cry... It's okay. Okami and I are okay. We haven't changed. I promise." Luna smacked Shira's chest and broke out of his arms, running away in tears. "Yes you have! Everything's all wrong!" Kusa looked at Luna softly, then glowered at Shira. He began chanting a prayer of summoning.

Shira swore under his breath. "Damnit, Okami! We have to pull out now! There's nothing more we can do for them!" Shira leapt onto the Wolf's already running back, and the pair rode back to the Palace to await their judgement from Vode and Volverein. More than that, Luna's reaction to him weighed heavy on his mind. Why did she hate him all of a sudden? Did he really seem that different..?

Three days passed since that incident. The Emperor seemed lenient, though Shira could sense sheer disappointment beneath the Emperor's calm complexion. After Shira explained how everyone had reacted, Volverein had handed him another assignment: Scout an old fortress near Turgwon for rebel activity. He was briefed on the location of the fortress, given a general overview of the suspected outpost, and sent on his way. Shira walked at Okami's side as they passed through the Eldwich Highlands, both of them pondering what had happened. In their deep thought, though, they paid less attention to the craggy scapes and rolling hills around them...
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:32 am

Luna sat, day-in and day-out, staring at a tree that she had carved to look like the old Shira. Her fox sat in her lap. Kylo and Kusa watched her constantly. Kylo would always tell Kusa, "If she tries to commit suicide, we take away the weapon." But Luna never tried. She knew that somewhere inside the evil, harsh, new Shira, there was the old, flirty, warrior Shira. She was determined to bring him back out.
She took a dagger and smiled. "Ah. Old friend. I will not use you to die, but I will use you to kill." She looked at the blue fox. "Okami is Shira's main weakness. Even more so than me. We have to get to Okami, before Shira. Maybe..." She grinned evilly at the fox, as the dagger shimmered.
"Oh, little fox, I've gone nearly insane. I'm a hopeless romantic with nothing to say. If love is costing me my brain, it will cost you your life." She raised the dagger, but the fox yelp before she could. He was looking at her with sad eyes. She dropped the dagger. "Damn... What am I doing?"
The fox suddenly grew to a bit smaller than Okami. A kitsune. He spoke softly. "I am Zuri. You know me, but now you know the full me. I think we should help you by helping Shira." She looked up at Zuri and nodded. "Ok..." "Climb up." Luna jumped onto Zuri's back and stroked his fur. "Soft..." Zuri blushed under his fur. "Yes, well..." He stopped and turned to Kusa.
"Kusa," said Zuri. "What do you think?"
Before Kusa could answer, Kylo cut in. "No! You will stay here! If Shira loved you, he wouldn't still be that Emperor's pet!" Luna's heart and soul filled with rage. "How dare you accuse him of being a pet to a mere Emperor!" "Well, he is!" "He is not!" Kusa sighed and sat on a rock while the argument continued.
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:04 am

Atop a large hill, three dusty, bruised and battered travelers stood and admired the view of the city below. The technological marvel known as Neo City. Built before recorded history, the technology still runs strong today. Their advancements gave birth to the modern marvels of today.
"We finally made it. After two days of battles and avoiding troops, we finally made it."
Yeah, Yeah. It looks beautiful. BTW, this computer of yours is too damaged to continue the hacking program. You need to make a new computer in the city with the money you got.
S:"What money? We share the gold we found, remember?"
M:"But we also split up the armor we stole. We're gonna use it, but he's just going to sell it to a smithy and get gold for the raw material."
S:"Whatever."
"Lets just get into the city and find an inn. We need to set up a base area for us to gather in the city."
M:"Dammit! I was just about to say that."
S:"Ladies, stop your fighting and lets move." The less time i spend with you two morons, the better.
"fine. lets go."asshole
M:douche
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:59 pm

The five HunterX4's approach Questor's camp silently. The four men in the camp are engaged in a game of cards as they are quickly surrounded by the Hunters. One of the Hunters strikes out at Luke, hitting him in the arm. The cards are immediately abandoned as the men scatter to find their weapons. Luke is knocked out before he can even reach his axes. Questor, however, is able to grab his bow, load an arrow, then quickly aim...
TWANG!
A Hunter is hit in the eye, disabling it.
"Go for the eye!" shouts Questor as Djaq is attacked by two Hunters. Meanwhile, Lamahl throws his spear at the Hunter attacking him. He narrowly misses the eye. The Hunter charges Lamahl, throwing its shield on Lamahl's, leaving it free to slash him with its sword. Lamahl is about to be decapitated when Questor Quick Draws the Hunter across its eye. Lamahl recovers his spear, throws it again, and its the eye. Djaq manages to bash one Hunter's eye before being hit in the back of the head by a Hunter's shield, knocking him out. The last Hunter is quickly taken out by Questor and Lamahl.
"Questor, I think we should probably go."
"That is a good idea. Vaisey knows where we are and probably has means of producing more of these machines."
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:07 pm

"... There he is," Lyle said, pointing towards a part of the inferno where trees seemed to be falling of their own accord. As he said that, the ground in that area started to be ripped, by an unseen force.
"Okay, we don't have much time to do this. Do you know an ice-related spell?" he asked Melissa.
"Yes, I can make an iceberg." she replied.
"Okay, that'll have to do. Cast the spell, but only release it when I say now. Got it?"
"Yes."
Melissa chanted the incantation, then waited for the sniper to give the OK. Meanwhile the destruction came closer and closer.
"Lyle?"
"Hold on."
The thing was now halfway through the forest separating them.
"Lyle?" Melissa said, a bit more panicked.
"Just a few more seconds."
Whatever was there, had broke through the forest. It jumped.
"NOW!" Lyle said. Melissa released the spell. Instantly, a massive iceberg appeared,in the exact same position as the attacker. It fell to the ground not five feet away from Lyle, creating a small cloud of dust. When he dust settled, there appeared to be a man with brilliant blond hair frozen in the middle of the miniature glacier. Lyle brusquely walked over to the iceberg, examined it for a few seconds, and quickly went over to his tent.
"C'mon," he said. "We have to get out of here."
"Huh?"Melissa said. "I thought we killed that guy."
"It won't hold for long. We need to leave, before he thaws out."
"What? How can a human survive being frozen?"
Lyle smiled grimly. "That's because he's more electricity than human, now."
He swiftly packed up everything, placed it in a strange cube-like device, and he departed, along with Melissa, into the twilight.

Last edited by Solidix Snike on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:50 pm

-Two Days Later (For Lyle and Melissa)-
-Jogonho-
Melissa was surprised at the time they made. Lyle was faster than he appeared, and by the time they had reached Jogonho, the mage was exhausted just by keeping up with him. When she saw him waving to the guards, she panicked.
"What are you doing?"Melissa whispered urgently. "I'm going to be captured!"
"Don't worry," Lyle replied softly. " The guards aren't imperials. Trust me."
And sure enough, the guards noticed her and smiled. Melissa, slightly unnerved, smiled back, and quickly followed Lyle into the city.
"Here we are," the mercenary said. "Welcome to Jogonho, the northern rebel outpost."
Melissa, however, was too tired to really care.
"Wow," she muttered, drowsy. "Now, can we go to the inn?"
"Can you get there by yourself? I have to do a few things. Here," he said, giving a strange mark to Melissa. "If you show that to the inn keeper, you'll get a free room. Now, I'll be off, see you later."
Lyle walked off, leaving Melissa to stumble into the inn.
"Could I have a room?" she asked the inn keeper.
"Yes. Fifty pieces of gold, or get out!" he replied, apparently in a sour mood.
"I don't have that much, but I was told by my companion to show you this," The mage said, placing the symbol on the counter.
"Silly girl, do you think that a silly little symbol is going to get you... Ah! This changes everything," he said, looking at it. Giving the mark back, the inn keeper led her to a fancy room, complete with an oak dresser, Kuryon rugs, and a bed stuffed with goose feathers.
"Here you are. Have a nice rest." the man said, before returning to his counter. Melissa wondered drowsily what that mark was about, but decided not to worry about it. She had barely gotten into her night gown before the girl collapsed onto the bed, an fell asleep almost instantaneously.

Last edited by Solidix Snike on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:55 pm

"Soooo... where are we going again?" asked Luke... again.
"Jogonho." replied Questor.
"And why are we going to Jogonho?" asked Luke... again.
"ARGH! Why do you always ask where we're going and why we're going there?"
"Because... I forgot." muttered Luke.
"Hmph. Jogonho is a rebel outpost. Please don't forget again." said Questor, exasperated. Luke managed to forget where they were going on average fives times a day.

After a week's journey, the group finds themselves just outside Quaft. They decide to spend a few nights resting at the inn. Upon reaching their room, they immediately fall on the beds and sink into a deep asleep.

"Morgan, I'm not sure if this is a good idea."
"Why not?"
"Well, being an assassin isn't exactly what I had in mind."
"I see. Why don't we ask Snike? The Overlord said Snike was welcome to join as well if we could find him."
"Sounds good to me. Maybe he'll make you see reason..."
Par and Morgan find Snike the next day, and, much to Par's dismay, Snike is quite interested in being an assassin.
"Par, don't worry about it. We'll get out of the poorhouse and get some real adventure."
"Hmph. Fine, we'll join. But I think we're making a big mistake..."
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:16 pm

-The next day-
Melissa awoke to the sound of knocking on her door. Quickly changing into her traveling clothes, and opened the door. Lyle was waiting.
"Had a nice sleep?" he asked, slightly bemused.
"Yes, it felt wonderful," she replied.
"Well, I'm glad you're well rested, because we have things to do. Let's go. Follow me." Lyle walked out of the inn, while Melissa followed. He turned right, and headed towards a big building that seemed like an imperial battalion barracks. Along the way, he accidentally bumped into a soldier.
"Oh, sorry... Hi Freddy!" he said.
"Lyle! What brings you here?" Freddy said.
"Oh, not much, just bringing this magician here-" Lyle gestured to Melissa. "- To central command. Apparently, the Emperor has his eyes on her."
"Ah, he does, does he? She must be talented, then."
"Yeah. Anyways, any news about the Empire?"
"Yeah. Vode just appointed this kid named Shira and his wolf to the Four Lords."
"He did, huh. What's his specific talent?"
"Fire and water. The wolf can manipulate the earth, and is a talented thunder magic user."
"I see."
"Uhh.. Lyle?" Melissa interjected. "Who are the Four Lords?"
"Oh, right. I forgot to mention them to you." he said. "You see, the four strongest generals in Vode's empire are part of a group called the Four Lords. Originally, there was Cedrine, the Aqua Fault, an earth and water magician who could become one with the water, Cassius, the Zephyr Bolt, a wind and thunder mage who's storms destroyed cities, Vaisey, the Knight Terror, feared throughout the land for his dark and steel magic, and Snike, the Blazing Flash, the finest swordsman on the continent. However, three years ago, Cedrine was exiled to an island to the north of here, and was replaced by Holly, the Ageless Edge, who could stop time. Last month, Snike and Cassius were blown away by an imperial grenadier while destroying a prototype of a weapon. So, it was only a matter of time before he went to replace them."
"Oh, so that's who they are." Melissa said, nodding.
"Anyways, speaking of Snike and Cassius, how did the search for them go?" Lyle asked, returning to the conversation.
" We didn't find Snike, just a huge crater," Freddy said. "We believe he was incinerated by the rocket. As for Cassius, no luck either, but the Gee Faks royal guard has found an amnesiac girl that's her spitting image. Not to mention the imperials want her."
Lyle suddenly stopped cold. His face grew serious.
"Make sure nothing happens to her." he said curtly.
"What? Why?" Freddy asked, suddenly nervous.
"I'll tell you later. Just make sure the Empire does not get a hold of her. Goodbye, Freddy." Lyle said, walking past him and continuing on to the barracks. He turned to Melissa.
"I just need to do a few things. Can you wait out here?" he asked.
"Sure, I guess," the mage replied.
"Thanks," Lyle turned and walked into he barracks. As soon as he left the building, two arms grabbed Melissa and pulled her into a nearby alley.
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:41 pm

The Royal Guard arrives in Quaft a couple days after Questor arrives. Just like in Turgwon, Par goes into the tavern to inquire about various happenings in the empire and the rest of the Royal Guard camps outside the city limits. Except, this time, a few Royal Guard swordsmen also enter town, wearing normal-looking clothing, at different times to look inconspicuous. However, all of them headed for the tavern.

"Safety in numbers, right Par?" said Tristan before Par and the swordsmen headed for the tavern.

Meanwhile, Djaq has woken up and left for the tavern, going for the same reasons as Par. He orders a pint before he begins to mingle with the crowd. While talking to the patrons, he overhears Par and a swordsmen talking about recently acquired information.

"They said Questor was seen here not too long ago."
"Really? Good find."
"Thank you sir." Djaq does some quick thinking, then...
"Hello. I hear you were talking about General Questor of the Gee Faks rebellion?"
"Yes we were. Why?" asked Par, suspicious of the newcomer.
"Well, I had hoped to meet the guy. See, he killed my brother..." lied Djaq, hoping the men were Imperials.
"If you have business like that with Questor, I can't help you out." Par's fingers go for his coat pocket filled with throwing knives. The swordsmen next to him casually puts his hands towards the hilts of his blades.
"Ah. I was hoping you could help me find him." Djaq notices the tension and grips his staff tightly. At that moment, Questor walks into the bar. Seeing Djaq, he walks up to him and says, "Well, find anything out yet, Djaq?"
"No. Just talking to this guy her- HEY! Wait a second... Par?"
"Djaq? Questor?" His hands exit his coat pockets.
"Par, 'bout time you found us." says Questor, embracing his friend (NO HOMO YOU PERVS).
"Sooo... where's the rest of the Royal Guard?" asked Djaq.
"How about we go back to our room. Porbably more private." said Questor.
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:34 pm

The Royal Guard swordsmen return to camp to inform Tristan that Questor has been found.
"I suppose you've found who you were looking for?" asked Kisen.
"Yes, yes we have. Par will be back soon with a report on Questor's intentions."
"Questor? You mean Tukana's second-in-command?"
"Yes. Is he that well-known?"
"He's number one on Vode's hitlist."
"How do you know that?" asked Tristan, immediately suspicious.
"Well, being in a thief's guild that was opposed to the empire has its benefits."
"Hmmm... I suppose that'll work... for now."

Meanwhile, in Questor & Co.'s room...

"Sooo... Vaisey sent mech assassins after you, you managed to take them out, then you left for Jogonho?"
"Yep. Pretty much."
"Hmmmmm... How about after tonight, you guys leave town with us and we all go to Jogonho? Tristan is probably wanting to give you back control of the Royal Guard."
"Haha. Can't handle a few hundred men? Anyway, sounds like a good idea."

Par leaves the inn for the Royal Guard camp.
"We leave tomorrow for Jogonho? Excellent."
"Where's Jogonho?" asked Kisen.
"Can't tell you. Rebel secret." replied Tristan.
"I see."

Night falls and another memory from the past comes back to haunt Questor...

"Morgan, I can't take it anymore. I'm no good."
"Nonnsense Par. You are quite good. The Overlord just hasn't realized it yet."
"If he hasn't realized it after four years, I don't think he ever will."
"But what about Snike? The Overlord doesn't care for him either."
"But Snike doesn't really care what The Overlord, or anyone else for that matter, thinks. He'll get better just so he can continue to rival you. I think he enjoys sparring with you."
"But why don't you?"
"Well... I don't know. I just don't think I was cut out to be an assassin. I'm gonna head deep into the forest and train on my own. I'll come out in a few years. I'll see you again then."
"Hmph. I suppose I should have seen this coming. You never did want to come here in the first place."
"Hey Morgan, Par." says Snike, unaware of the conversation that was taking place.
"Hey Snike." say Par and Morgan together.
"Want to spar?" Par looks at Morgan with a look that says Told you so
"Not now. Par... is leaving."
"WHAT!? Why?"
"Well, I never wanted to join the Guild in the first place. And now, I know why; I was never cut out to be an assassin. So, I'm going to the Areyu Forest to train on my own."
"Hmph. I enjoyed sparring with you. And I'm not gonna try to stop you; it is your choice."
"Thanks for understanding Snike." The next day, Par leaves the Guild for the Areyu Forest, where he stumbles upon the elven capital of Arblont.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:06 pm

The hand belonged to a woman with a machine gun, who then slammed Melissa to the wall, causing her to drop the mark Lyle gave her.
"Hey, what are you-?" Melissa started to ask.
"Shut up, or I'll shoot," the woman interrupted. She subsequently tied the mage's hands behind her back. "Now, walk over there," she commanded, pointing towards the coast. Reluctantly, she walked to the coast line. The lady followed her, the nuzzle of the gun trained on her captives' back. She conjured a boat seemingly made out of water, and jabbed Melissa with her gun.
"Jump in," she said. The mage complied, and the mercenary stepped into the craft, her weapon never leaving her target. Suddenly, the water boat zoomed along the coast, stopping about a mile away from the city. The lady got out of the craft, dragging Melissa out with her. The water boat melded back into the ocean. The woman pulled the mage to a nearby tree, produced some rope, and tied her to it. Once done, she began to set up camp.

"Who are you, and why the hell did you kidnap me? " Melissa blurted out.
"I'm Addison, bounty hunter extraordinaire, and I kidnapped you because you are my target." the lady said. "Emperor Vode will be pleased," she continued.
"Why are you doing this? He's going to kill me, just like he did to Snike."
"He did WHAT? I thought Snike was still alive."
"He got blown up last month, by an RPG. Did you not hear of that?"
"No, not even the rebels knew anything about hi-"
"Freeze," a man's voice said.
Melissa craned her head to see Lyle pointing a pistol at Addison's head.
"Now, lay down your weapon, and I won't hurt you." he said to Addison. She dropped her gun. Lyle ran over to Melissa, producing a knife. He cut the rope, so she could move freely again.
"Are you okay?" he asked her, as he helped the mage up.
"I'm fine. Just a little scared," she replied. "But how did you know I was here?"
"Well, when I left the building, I saw the mark I gave you lying on the ground, so I knew someone took you. Plus, the locals raving about a boat made out of water helped. I followed the wake, until I came here. Now, as for you...!" He said, turning to Addison. She gasped as she saw his face. They stared at each other for a long time, seemingly stunned into silence. Lyle finally broke out of the trance.
"Well, uh, let's go back to town." he said. The awkward silence continued into Jogonho, where Lyle led Melissa back to the inn.
"I'm sorry for being rude, but can you wait inside? I need to talk to this lady for a second."
" Alright. But, you'd better explain this to me after you talk to her," Melissa said, annoyed.
"Don't worry, I will." he said. Melissa walked in, and took a seat close to the door. From there, she caught snippets of the conversation.
"... you're back. How did you get past ..." (Lyle)
"Easy, I just ... a clone. ... for three years now. Now, what's this about ..." (Addison)
"Yeah, a plan we had backfired. I made it out unscathed, but she apparently lost her memory."
"Where is she now?"
"The ..., and I guess a knight in white armor, literally, is acting as her bodyguard. There in ... now, but they're heading towards here. So, what brings you back to our humble mainland, AND to bounty hunting mages?"
"I'm looking for someone, a member of my tribe. He thinks he's the ... and he has a giant ... I thought it would help If I were the Emperor's favorite."
"Oh him? He's ... now."
"What?"
"Yeah, a rebel friend of mine told me. Apparently, he's ..."
"Oh. I see."
"I'll find you if anything comes up about it, OK?"
"Alright, see you around, Lyle."
"Same to you, Addison."
The bounty hunter left, and Lyle walked into the inn, and sat n the chair opposite Melissa.
"Now, you wanted to know about how I knew her, right?"
"Yes," she replied.
"Well, we served in a militia together a few years ago, during the invasion. Actually, I have to go do something related to that. I'll see you tomorrow."
Lyle left the inn, leaving Melissa to spend the evening mulling about what she had learned that day.
Not another word was shared between them that day.

Last edited by Solidix Snike on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm

-Morning-
-Quaft-
Kisen walked over to Par, while the remaining troops packed and got ready.
"Par, can I ask you a favor? I need to go to Mythamis." he asked.
"We're going there on the way. Why?" Par asked.
"Okay, thanks. I need to figure out what's with this sword." Kisen said, gesturing to the blade on his back.
"Ah, right. Well, it looks like we're ready to go. So, go and make any last minute preparations, I guess."
Par said, effectively ending the conversation. I guess he's still sore over the assassin incident, Kisen thought. Regardless, he returned to his tent, finished packing, and marched with the Royal Guard. About a few hours in, he fell back alongside Nicole.
"Sorry about the past few days. I have been busy. Are you alright?" he asked her.
"I'm fine. It's just, I feel like I've done something wrong..." she replied, somewhat ashamed.
"Why?"
"It's just, they interrogated me like I was some kind of criminal. I guess before last month, I was a horrible human being. Maybe I did something horrible, and that's why I lost my memory. I should just kill myself, and be done with it!" she panicked.
"Don't say that! Look, I don't know what you may or may not have done in the past, but what counts is what you do now. Trust me."
"Th-Thanks Kisen. I guess was overreacting."
"No problem."
Somewhat more cheerful, the two continued marching.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Shira stood, perched over a rocky crag, overlooking a mountain path purportedly being used by a band of rebels heading to Mythamis. Okami crouched at his side. He sniffed the wind and let loose a low growl. He smelled metal weapons. He poised over the cliffside, and dips of earth lowered below the cliffside. Shira set his feet into two of the indentations. Okami set his four paws into four others. As a band of armored and armed men snaked their way below, the dips became rapidly-descending platforms, catapulting them downward. Okami shot out bolts of thunder, striking 5 down immediately. As the pair touched down, crossbow bolts launched at them. Shira drew a shield of water, while Okami created a wall of stone which he then hurled at the men, who scrambled to avoid being crushed. A man who looked like a common thief drew a sword and was suddenly donned in shining white armor. Shira was stunned for a moment, then identified him as one of the Empire's most wanted. Oblivious to the others around them, whom Okami brawled with using electric shockwaves and stone shards, Shira drew his katana and ignited it. He poised for a Gatotsu, a lethal charge attack.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Kisen drew his blade. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a man with a burning katana, rushing at him. The knight barely managed to deflect the attack, which was so powerful that it broke his shield. Kisen switched to a two-handed grip.
"Who are you? " he asked the man.
"My name's Shira, the Flaming Tsunami. Remember it, cur, because it's the last name you'll ever hear!" he snarled, as he lunged at Kisen. He parried, and slashed in retaliation. They continued like this for a few minuts, until Shira pulled out his dagger, and added it to his offensive. Kisen was overwhelmed. He barely managed to deflect the dagger blow, when the Commandant aimed a sweeping blow at his legs. The steel tore into his quadriceps sinking Kisen to his knees. Shira approached the knight.
"You were an excellent opponent, but now we end this," he said, raising his katana.
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:22 pm

"Dammit... not again..."
What is it, Techno Geek?
"Must you call me that?"
Yes.
*sigh* "If you must know, there's another Imperial troop being sent to comb the city. They know we're here, and they want to find us."
I wish I could do another portal, but you said your lack of temporal grounding will cause a fluctuation in the Teleport. I wish it was easier to move laterally across the spacial wall...
"Wait... What?"
I said "I wish it was easie-
"No, about the wall."
Ah... Well, that's the way I travel. I move across the spacial wall and essentially, teleport.
"If i can combine that with my temporal erosion, we could move across the continent in the blink of an eye using a Spacial Temporal Rift manipulation machine."
Hey genius... how is that different from what we do now?
"It increases our accuracy by 98.3%"
Whatever. Just as long as It doesn't make me wanna hurl again.
"... Thing is, it would drain us of alot of energy... we would collapse upon arrival..."
I kept losing my concentration in the end of that last shift out of exhaustion...
"I could integrate the solar battery of the space laser into the equation... but it would decrease our shift accuracy."
Where would we go, anyway?
How's the desert rebel base sound to you?
"Do you know where it is?"
YES!!!... Sort of...
"Then what are we waiting for?"
*WHAM*
The Final Stand - Page 5 Cresto10
*WHAM*

"Um... Minby? I don't think this is the base..."
We're in the middle of the desert. Great. We get to walk again.
I'm sorry- they moved it since I was last here...
"I highly dou-"
Td260 gets cut off after a shaft of light beams down from the heavens and sounds of thunder and explosions rock the till night air.The Final Stand - Page 5 Cool-f10
BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM

"I hope that was your burrito..."
Nope...
*HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLL*

"Was that a wolf?"
Sure wasn't a snake, techy.
"Lets see what's going on!!"
Someone might be in trouble!
ugh...I HATE questers...

Just FYI, The purple is Scourge and the Green is Minby. I got tired of writing S:" in front of each sentance, so this is easier. and italics is a sound or a thought.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 am

-Meanwhile-
-Jogonho-
The next morning, Melissa found Lyle at the entrance to the inn, waiting for her.
"I'm really sorry about yesterday," he started, but was interrupted by Freddy bursting in.
"Lyle! The Gee Faks rebels are being attacked at Mythamis!" he gasped out.
Melissa had never seen Lyle more angry than at that moment.
"WHAT!?!" he shouted. "WHO'S ATTACKING THEM!"
"Uhh... Shira and his wolf, sir." Freddy said, intimidated.
Lyle calmed down a little. "Freddy, get the bounty hunter Addison to the barracks, stat!"
"Yes, sir!" the soldier ran out of the building. Lyle grabbed Melissa's arm.
"C'mon, let's go!" he said, running.
"Lyle, what's going on?" she asked, confused.
"Later!" he replied. They were now at the entrance of the barracks. Addison and Freddy ran up to meet them.
"Lyle!" Addison said. "What's going on?"
"Our mutual friend is being attacked by your brethren, that's what," he replied.
"I trust you kept my weapons and armor?"
"Obviously. Melissa, stay here. Addison, come with me." Lyle barged into the barracks, pushing people aside, with the bounty hunter closely following behind him. There were soldiers all around them, shouting "Hey, what are you doing?", but the two ignored them. The sniper finally found the room he was looking for, the elite armory, but a guard stood in his way.
"Get out of the way, Dave," Lyle said, slightly annoyed.
"First of all, how do you even know me? Second of all, you can't just barge in and expect to be allowed into the armory."
"A: I'm your boss. B: Oh yes, I can." Lyle said. He rolled up his left sleeve, showing a golden tattoo of a shining fireball.
"Oh my... It's you!" he gasped.
"Yes, it's me. Now, let me in, and go get a portal to Mythamis ready. She's with me."
"Y-yes, sir." The guard opened the door, and let Lyle and Addison in. The re-emerged, ten minutes later, clad in new clothing, he with a sword, and she with an ornamented spear. They proceeded up the hall, into a room with a glowing doorway.
"Dave, I trust you have the portal up? he asked the guard, now standing beside the doorway.
"Of course, milord." he said.
"Well then, we're off. Re-open the portal in an hour, or so." Lyle said, as he stepped through the doorway. Addison paused, then followed the former sniper through the door.
-Mythamis-
"You were an excellent opponent, but now we end this," Shira said, raising his katana.
"Yeah, right!" someone shouted. As the Commandant brought his blade down, another sword blocked the katana, knocking him off balance. Lyle rushed in front of Kisen, his sword at the ready.
"Hello, Shira," he said.
"You..! But, I thought you died!" Shira replied.
Lyle shrugged. "Good guys die hard, I guess."
"No matter. Now, I get to kill two brids with one stone!"
"Good luck trying, kid." Lyle said. He rushed at the boy, but was stopped by an arm.
"Go. I'll handle this," Addison said. Lyle started to protest, but was silenced by a look.
"Fine. I need to help this lug anyways," he said, picking up Kisen, and carrying him to the back of the battlefield. Addison then walked up to where Lyle was standing.
"Remember me, Shira?" she said. Shira gaped.

Last edited by Solidix Snike on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shadow
advance member
The Shadow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:16 am

"it seems he didnt see that coming" Keith said as they watched Shira gasp as some girl ran on front of him
"but why did he stop" trinity asked
"i dont know maybe he knows her from somewhere" Keith shrugged and sat down at the edge of the cliff and watched the scene eblow
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:29 am

Shira stood, jaw dropped. His clan's best mage..? One of the few people who looked after him in his clan, save his parents? No, she should have been killed by the Marauders, just like the rest... He shook his head. No matter. She posed a threat to his and Okami's safety. He had to fight or die. He sat, blades in fighting positions. Okami coated himself in crackling electricity and dug his claws into the ground, cracking stone shards in the air, which circled around him. Cedrine lanced out at Shira with a whip of water. Shira sidestepped it and swiped it with his dagger, creating a veil of mist. Shira sprinted around behind Cedrine. As he struck out with his katana, he found his sword hitting Cedrine's spear. She smirked and taunted, "Not bad... For a three-year-old." Shira snarled and jumped off Cedrine's lance. He frontflipped and performed a Dragon Hammer, but Cedrine was nowhere to be found. Okami followed her scent with his nose and sent a stone whistling at a patch of fog. Shira heard the sound of a stone cutting into flesh. Shira used a flamethrower to blast away the fog, revealing a stone embedded in Cedrine's fist, directly in front of her neck. She glanced smoothly at the stone. "Hm... It appears your pet's the better fighter." Shira snarled and created an arm of flame surrounding his left hand. He charged forward and swept, creating a flame lance. She raised a wall of sand to block the technique with ease. Okami lanced a blast of lightning at Cedrine, who ducked beneath it. Okami sent a volley of stones at her, but she beat them back with her staff and stones of her own. In the meantime, Shira had charged forward into a Gatotsu. She stuck her lance out and Shira barely had time to dodge. But the dodge was not entirely successful; he had scraped skin off his stomach, revealing a trickle of blood beneath his jacket. Not stopping, he spun around and stabbed at her with his flaming dagger. She was waiting for him, though; a net of water encased the weapon and tossed it into the cliff face, sticking it high into the wall. Shira retreated. Cedrine lashed out at him with a torrent of water, which Shira redirected into a spiral around himself. He wrapped it around his legs and created a waterspout. He advanced towards her using his new defense. Okami crackled with electricity, and was soon consumed in it, looming 20 feet tall. Shira got an idea as Okami pulsed lightning at Cedrine; he pooled water around her. Okami took the hint and struck the pool with a swat of his tail, sending electrified water everywhere. Cedrine took a shock but coated herself in dirt to prevent any further electrocution.

Shira crashed down with a torrent of water. He slid his flaming katana into the wall of water, creating a much denser cloud of mist that even moistened the ground enough to lighten his steps. He found Cedrine and lashed out savagely yet again. She somehow sensed him, because she swung her lance and knocked Shira off-balance. As he lay, splayed on the ground, she smiled grimly. Shira's scarlet eyes grew wide with fear. He raised his katana, but not before he was knocked out by a large stone and coated in sand. Okami was indignant. He created a shockwave and a tremor as he howled in rage. He lunged at Cedrine, pinning her against the rock face. She hid her face with her hands, then pushed outward, creating a wave of sand that crashed Okami against the other side of the pass. He lay motionless. She waited for several minutes before becoming satisfied that neither would be able to continue fighting. She trotted past the two, and looked over her shoulder at her handiwork.
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:48 am

Luna sat with Zuri, her face shadowed by her hair. "Shira..." "I know, Luna..." Zuri wrapped his tail around her and pulled her close. "I miss him... I miss him so much..." The kitsune licked her cheek. "There there. Smile, Luna. We can save them..." Zuri, then, whispered under his breath. "I hope..." Luna sighed and curled up against Zuri's tail, drifting into a restless and painful sleep.
Her dream recapped everything that happened... She cried in her sleep. Zuri sighed and held her closer. "Shhhh... Hush little baby, don't you cry... Everything will be alright..."
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:01 am

Lyle set Kisen down, and, kneeling, examined the injury Shira had dealt to him. Then, placing a hand on the wound, he muttered an incantation. Light seeped into the wound, knitting the flesh and muscle together. Five seconds later, there was no sign of the leg blows the knight took at all. Lyle stood up, satisfied.
"H-how did you do that?" Kisen stammered, after seeing his leg.
"Advanced light magic," Lyle replied. "It takes a lot of skill to do it, but it can heal most injuries. Say, you're that knight who's been protecting Nicole. Kisen, is it?"
"Yeah. Who the hell are you, and how do you know my name?"
"Easy. I'm -"
"YOU!" Questor shouted. Lyle spun around just in time to block a Quick Draw from him.
"Oh joy. Morgan."
Back to top Go down
The Shadow
advance member
The Shadow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:09 am

"hmmm now whats going on?" Keith looked down at the group of people
"what is there more fighting?" Trinity asked him
"i dont know but i want to find out" Keith stood up and grabbed Trinitys hand and jumped off the cliff
"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" She yelled as they plummeted towards the ground below.
right before they hit the ground some water from the river started to move up towards them.
it caught them and pulled them toward the ground before it exploded in a wave of water
Keith stood up and turned around to help trinity up, who had fallen to the ground.
"never do that again" she told him as they walked toward the group of people.

Last edited by The Shadow on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:25 am

"What are you doing here?" shouts Questor, in a deadlock with Lyle.
"Me? Taking care of your new problem here."
"You mean the kid pretending to be one of the Four Lords? He's pitiful compared to the real ones."
Questor quickly backs off for a second. Lyle prepares for a second Quick Draw, but realizes Questor no longer has two swords a little late. He takes a cut to the non-sword arm before launching a flame-aided offensive of his own. Questor is barely able to backpedal fast enough to avoid the onslaught. Before long, Questor takes a misstep and slips. Just before the blow lands, a knife buries itself in Lyle's sword arm.
"Remember me?" asked Par.
"I just love reunions..." muttered Lyle, turning to face the new threat. Par, using the Elven daggers, is able to quickly disarm a weakened Lyle. Questor's sword then places itself at Lyle's neck. Suddenly, a hand made of water grabs Lyle and pulls him to safety.
"Impressive. I do wish you had kept your old stuff. Then I could join in the fun too."
"Cedrine... didn't like your exile?"
"No. Volverein was having too much fun. I couldn't stand it anymore."
"Does that mean you're a rebel?" asks Kisen, a bit confused.
"Yes it does." replies Lyle.
"I suppose that means you get to live..." says Questor, a little unhappy.
"Can we at least seriously injure the guy? I don't care if he's on our side... again. He's a..." Par trails off, muttering incoherently.
"No. We'll keep him in good condition, at least until he explains EVERYTHING."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Stand
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next