Valiant Brawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valiant Brawlers

Elite Warriors of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Final Stand

Go down 
+6
scourge
higuyhere
Shiranui117
LucaTheLucario
Solidix Snike
Minby_Aran
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

The Final Stand - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Shira, Kusa, James, and Luna looked up to see Keith come down, but who was in tow surprised them: Trinity was finally awake, after spending days asleep. Kusa stood in salutation.
Keith spoke first, glancing at Trinity and spreading his arm out to the people at the crowded inn table. "Trinity, I'd like you to officially meet everyone... They know you, but you never got to say hi before... The kid with the brown hair without wings is Shira. Brown hair with wings is James. The silver-haired one's name is Kusa, and the girl over there's Luna."
Trinity looked confused, but kept her manners. "It's nice to meet you all... But... Keith mentioned a Giant Wolf or something... Where is it?" Shira explained, "Oh, Okami'd be in the barn. You can go say hi to him if you want. Don't worry; he's used to you by now. He won't mind. But... Maybe you should eat first? You've been out for days on end... Hell, I'm surprised you're even walking."
Trinity, flustered from being thrusted into such a situation, awkwardly grabbed a seat, sat down, and started scarfing food down. She noticed everyone's puzzled expression and looked down, even more flustered. "Sorry... I'm so out of it. I think I'll go see... Okami?"
Shira stood up and said, "Alright, follow me. Don't be shocked when you see him, though... He's called a GIANT Wolf for a reason." He walked outside, and Trinity followed. Everyone trailed behind, curious to see her reaction. When they walked in the barn, they saw Trinity cautiously stepping up to Okami. She kneeled down next to seven feet of curled-up Wolf and spoke softly, "Hi... Remember me? I'm Trinity. I've... Heard a lot about you... I think." Okami casually lifted his massive head and licked Trinity's face, causing her to fall back. Everyone got a kick out of that. Kusa looked to everyone and said, "Well, are we ready to set out? Keith and Trinity should be getting to the Imperial capital, Shira, Okami and I are anxious to get back to the Areyu Forest and visit the Two-Tailed Kitsune shrine, and Luna and Kylo can do as they please." Everyone agreed to get their things together and head north.
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Luna and Kylo decided to go with Shira and Kusa, wherever they maay go. Luna for reasons that were obvious, and Ky because she wanted to talk with Kusa and test his intelligence. Okami was just a bonus for Luna. She climbed on the massive wolf's back and stroked his head gently. "Hi, Okami! Did you miss me, big guy?" Okami wagged his tail and barked, causing Luna to jump a bit. "Eep! Quiter, Okami." Okami yipped quieter and Luna chuckled. Ky was beside Shira in a flash. "All I have to say is you did good." She then reappeared beside Okami. Luna looked at Ky. "What'd you say?" "I was just telling him we'd be traveling with him." "Oh... Alright!" Luna smiled happily and returned to petting Okami.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Shira thought about what Kylo said, but didn't understand what he meant, so he banished the comment from his mind. Once they were ready, the group set out to Serinside's northern gate. The guards saw Okami and quickly opened the gate, clearly relieved to see the beast leave their walls. The eight passed through the gate.

Five days passed by without incident or anything of note before the traveling party reached the southern edge of the Areyu Forest. Kusa and Shira sighed with relief, glad to be back in familiar territory. Okami picked up a barking storm, excited to be back in his favorite place to roam, where there were many things to find and investigate. Luna was taken aback and nearly fell backwards, but she giggled and regained her composure. Shira looked at her, resisting the urge to chuckle and rub her back. Kusa closed his eyes, sat cross-legged, hands resting on his knees, and chanted a prayer: "O wise spirit, guide your child to the house of your strength, that he may be bestowed with the right to walk among more of your children." A one-tailed Kitsune pulsed into being, orange and white along the top and front, then fading into a translucent, spectral blue at the bottom and back. It faced away from them, due north-north-east. Kusa bowed before the spirit and spoke reverently, "We shall follow." Okami wanted to sniff this strange fox, but knew better. Shira and Keith had to keep a very excited and quivering James from running forward and inspecting the strange spirit. Kusa turned around, possessed with a strange, piercing voice that seemed to lance into everyone's heart. "Approach not the Guardian lest you have good in your heart and praise upon your lips. Now, we must follow the Guardian. Let us continue." The Kitsune proceeded, followed closely by Kusa, and everyone else bringing up the rear, slightly unnerved by Kusa's transformation. Even James was stunned into silence.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm

As the group meandered through the ancient maze of trees that ever loomed over them, their thin, snaking branches filtering spare rays of the sun's harsh glare, a man shrouded in black perched like a hawk over them. As they moved from his sight, he crept along the branches to trail them, like a monkey stalking insects. He saw the grey-eyed boy and smiled darkly, carefully letting out a low cackle. He recalled his earlier conversation with Lord Volverein:

"Capture the boy, and bring him to me. The last member of his tribe was an utter displeasure to our glorified Most High Emperor."
"What of his Wolf?"
"Kill the beast."
"Even in your wisdom, Lord, you are judging wrong. Kill the Wolf, and the boy would just as soon take his own life. Even if he didn't, he would never cooperate with the people who killed his lifelong friend... Let the creature go free, and he'll follow the Wolf. No, we must capture them both and keep them together. That is the best way to make sure they're... Friendly."
"Very well. I trust you, as the Overlord of the Assassin's Guild, to not get caught in the act, hm?"
"Hmhm. Of course not... My men will be as specters, rest assured... You'll have your prize soon enough."

He snapped back to reality as the branch he was perched on let out a soft crack. He quickly scampered to safer, better viewing positions. His men coalesced behind them. "Sir, we're in position, equipment ready. At your word, sir."
Volverein snickered and cackled once more. "Good... The Wolf and his boy... They have no idea. The Wolf doesn't even smell us, he's so busy taking in the scent of the trees... Once they go into the little playground, we'll strike. Prepare ambushing positions and camouflage. Cherrypicking those two from so large a group won't be too easy; we may have to use a little persuasion."
With that, the Overlord and his handpicked hunters crept away, a hundred feet off the ground, until the greenery of the Northern Areyu Forest swallowed them whole once more.
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet
Test field: 10

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:11 pm

"Hey, you," someone called. Kisen looked up to see six men. The one closest to him spoke again. "Yeah, you. Who are you?" he asked.
"I'm Kisen, former thief and now, attempted murderer" he replied.
"Who did you try to kill?"
"The magistrate. Long story. Now, who are you people, and what do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm

"The magistrate? Hmmm... One of Vode's puppets?"
"Yes."
"Well then, you are the high profile prisoner I heard about. How long you been here?"
"Not more than a day. But, you still haven't answered my question. Who are you and what do you want?"
"Me? I'm Par, the best man with a knife in all of Jawari. I also fought with Tukana of Gee Faks in the Royal Guard. I am currently second-in-command of what remains of the Royal Guard."
"That's all good and fine, but what do you want?"
"We're here to get you out." The cage door is then opened thanks to the keys from the dead guards. The group of seven quickly leaves the dungeons, then makes a quick stop to grab Kisen's equipment. They get outside... only to be met by a group of ten Imperial Shock Troops. Immediately, two knives fly through the air, killing two of them instantly. Kyle's crossbow fires, killing three more. A demon punch from Kisen slays another, while the remaining four Royal Guard finish off the remaining four.
"That was easy." says Par as they go back to the Royal Guard camp.
"That's what you think..." mutters a mysterious figure, silently following them.
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Luna awoke and looked around. "Mmm..." She looked up a bit and saw Shira. "Hi," she said with a sleepy smile. Shira smiled back and slipped an arm around her shoulders. "Sleep well?" "Mhm." She stroked Okmai's head, but stopped when the small fox she had with her started yipping. "What's wrong, little one?" He yipped and hissed at the trees and bushes. Okami let out a low huff to tell the fox to shut up, but he kept going. Luna turned him into a doll to silence him. Shira looked at her curiously. "What was that?" "He sensed something evil. We might wanna keep on our toes." Shira nodded, but despite her warning, relaxed with his arm still around her shoulder.

Kylo, on the other hand, was alert as she sensed it as well. She walked to Kusa. "Kusa, I give warning that an evil is among us." Before he could respond, she vanished and reappeared by Luna. "Did you sense that?" Luna asked. "Yeah. I warned Kusa." They both eyed the forest carefully, looking for anything unusual.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Kusa scanned the bushes and trees with the concentration of a hawk, but he saw nothing unusual. The Kitsune pulsed with a soft blue light, though, an indicator of danger. Kusa stood up and advised cautiously, "Whatever it is, it's best we moved on now before we find out what is out there. James, would it be too much for you to fly up and make sure the upper levels of the forest are non-suspect?" James obliged with a nod of his head. He unfurled his wings, kicked off and spiraled upward, at eye level with the branches far above their heads. He projected downward, "All clear! Just a false alarm! Now let's get going!" He drifted idly ahead as an aerial scout, while the Kitsune led everyone else onward.

Before long they were at a cliff. Backed into it was the Kitsune Shrine of the Two-Tailed. It was half af. step pyramid jutting out from the sheer face. Slinking out from the sides of it were two stone beams, perched upon them were two twin Kitsune, two tails wrapped around their sides, eternally gazing into the ancient trees, guarding their fortress. Everyone stared in awe at the size of the grand temple. The Kitsune turned to them, nodded its ghostly head, and dissipated into the air around the temple. Kusa was the first to regather himself. He ran eagerly towards the mouth of the Shrine, but slowed his steps as he entered.

Inside the light grey stones were blazed in orange from the candle light. At the back of the Shrine was a towering statue of the leading Nine-Tailed Kitsune. Kusa approached the seal cautiously. The seal was two balls of Blue Fire encircling each other, trying to catch each other's tail, ringed by circles on both sides. Kusa knelt at the center of the seal and, inspecting the two stone orbs, placed his hands atop them, igniting them with true Blue Fire. The seal gave off a blue glow, pulsating with a gentle chime. A blue mist surrounded the inside of the temple. It was densest in front of the statue. Kusa bowed, his forehead touching against the floor, hands in front of him. Everyone else backed out of the temple, half-fearing for their lives. Okami pulled a dumbstruck James out of the spectral mist.

In front of Kusa materialized a Kitsune, two tails floating behind him. He touched his nose to Kusa's head and spoke telepathically, "O Child of the Forest, why do you seek the power of the Spirit World here?" Kusa sank lower, humbling himself before the immortal spirit. "O Leader and Guide of my forefathers, I seek your power not for nefarious deeds, but to carry on the nigh-extinct traditions of my people, who, alas, have been slain by evil beings. I seek your power as the last of your chosen people, to remind the rest of the world how much power you wield, in hopes that another may submit themselves to you." The Kitsune mulled over Kusa's answer. "Very well, Kusanagi of the Forest. I bestow my power upon you. Use it wisely..." The Two-Tail dissipated into a soft blue light and wrapped itself around Kusa before sinking into him. The light pulsated once outward from him, then dissipated. Kusa was now infused with the spirits of all Two-Tailed Kitsune.
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Luna jumped off of Okami's back and burried her face in Shira's chest. She quivered in a frightened way, but still worried about the evil Kylo sensed. "Sh-shira... We should be careful... I think we're all in danger..." The little fox turned itself back into a normal fox and hissed at the trees. "Hey! Little one, hush!" She grabbed the little fox and covered his snout. "Hush." She looked around, rather scared. Ky looked at her and nodded. Kylo then vanished to being unseen.
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:56 pm

"OOF... DAMN! That almost split my ass in..."
S: "Shut up. Do you have to say that every time you fall?"
"Yes!"
S:"Don't."
"Fine."
M: "This doesn't look like outside of the town..."
"Yeah... the laser messed up my attempt to guide us to outside the town. we are now about 2 days walking distance from Neo City."
M: "Dammit..."
S:"Smooth move."
Not sure if this is a bad time, but you guys are now recognized as dangerous individuals by the army because of that stunt with the laser. it punched a 40 foot deep hole in the ground, and the town now has a 20 foot wide pond.
"I didn't have time to restrict the power!"
Next time, do it carefully.
M:"Lets just start walking towards Neo city."
S:"Fine. Maybe I can find Faustus and get away from you two."
Back to top Go down
Minby_Aran
Admin
Minby_Aran

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:37 pm

"Before you leave though, I'd like to point something out. You're a wanted criminal too now. They'll be sending millions of soldiers out to kill us after that stunt, and you have the choice to stay with a heaven-blessed angel with the power to destroy armies with the snap of his fingers, and summon an army of angels with the same, or go with your other friend. I dunno, the smart choice seems kinda obvious to me."
Back to top Go down
https://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

"Sooo... you were a thief in an outlaw guild of sorts that was targeted by the Imperials because of this green-haired girl?" asks Tristan.
"Pretty much." Kisen's eyes then go wide. "Oh crap, she's still in Turgwon."
"Who? Nicole? No she isn't. Apparently, she fled town after you were captured and wandered into our camp." Nicole then walks into the tent.
"Kisen! You made it out!"
"Thanks to these men here. Anyways, where are we going next? I assume you'd like to leave here quickly as the Imperials will be searching for me."
"We leave at dawn tomorrow."
"That's good enough for me. I could use a decent night's sleep."

The next morning...

"Alright men! Let's break camp and head for Quaft."
"Quaft? Why Quaft?" asks Kisen.
"Well, we are looking for someone who is rumored to be in the north, so, on our way to Dwentor, we're going to stop in Quaft."
"I see."
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:54 pm

The Final Stand - Page 4 Sat_se10
"According to the satellite, there are troops about 2 hours away from here. if we want a clean getaway, we have to decide now."
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 pm

"Par, look!"
"What? You see one?"
"Yeah. A real big one!"
"Excellent. I'll get the knives ready to skin it. Go for a head shot, Morgan!"
"HA! That's easy. The big buck is just sitting there, asking to be shot." Morgan strings his bow, loads an arrow...
TWANG!
The deer is hit square between the eyes and falls over, dead.
"This should feed us for a few days."
"That won't be necessary." says a mysterious figure, appearing out from the brush.
"Who are you? What do you want?" asks Par, drawing his knives.
"Me? I was told there were a couple of orphans in the forest who needed looking after."
"Looking after? Us? Pfft." scoffs Morgan.
"You, boy, are talented with a bow. With a bit of help, you will become the best in all of Jawari."
"Really? Well, Par, you want to go?"
"Why not."
"Cool. So, where are we going?"
"We are going to meet someone very important in the Guild. The leader of the Guild in fact. I'm sure he'll appreciate the two of you very much..."

Questor wakes up from his nap.
"You've been sleeping a lot recently. Something wrong?" asks Lamahl, a bit worried.
"Just really tired. I don't why I'm always tired, but I just know I am."
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:36 pm

-A few hours later-
The royal guard was moving at a steady pace, through a forested patch of the Eldwich Highlands, with Par and Kisen taking lead of the 18 advance scouts. After a few minutes, Par spoke.
"So, what's with that sword you carry around all the time?" he asked. "I mean, you didn't fight with it at the dungeon."
"That's because we were trying to get out of there as fast as possible. I would have used it, but there wasn't enough time." Kisen replied.
"Regardless, what is with it? It looks strange..."
"The hell if I know. I just found it about a month ago, lying on the ground. Anyways, this thing is scary just watch when I dra--Wait, what was that?" the thief said, as he say a gleam of a blade out of the corner around. All of a sudden, thirty assassins jumped out from the bushes, surrounding the Guard's advance scout group.
"All troops, battle stations!" Par shouted. Everybody instantly dropped what they were carrying and drew their weapons. Kisen unsheathed Baragnus, instantly restoring his armor. Without warning, the assassins attacked!
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:16 pm

As Kusa sat up, meditating his newly-bestowed powers, Shira held Luna close, his dagger drawn. Okami looked around snarling, expecting an attack from any side possible. Suddenly Okami yelped as he was tripped and caught up in a net. Shira pushed Luna away and drew his katana from its sheath across his back, and ignited the two blades. A black-clad assassin leapt out of a tree, and Shira impaled him on the flaming sword. He heard rustling behind him, switched his dagger to reverse-grip, and snagged a net, but unfortunately the rearward assailant flung the net backwards, taking his dagger with it. Okami was writhing like a beached shark, snapping at the net in an attempt to break free. Shira shot a fireball from the tip of his hand, burning a section of the net. Three assailants were now beleaguered by a five-foot wall of raging claws and fangs.

Out of the temple raged a huge Two-Tail. A swipe of its tail cracked like a bullwhip, bringing down a gargantuan tree. Keith and Trinity were busy beating back five attackers, and Kusa was raining down Blue Fire on a group of attackers, scorching them, watching writhe on the ground covered in blue flames. Shira ran over to Okami to cover him, but suddenly both were ensnared in a net. A group of three men got busy wrangling away Shira's katana and muzzling Okami, while a man who seemed to be in charge of the ambush loomed over them. He nodded to the three and declared, "The targets have been incapacitated; we got what we came here for. Let's clear out." Abruptly Shira and Okami were being dragged along at a vigorous pace. Everyone ran after the two of them, Luna in the forefront. She called Shira's name over and over again, half-hoping he'd break free. But Shira knew it was hopeless. He resigned himself to being taken away from her, even as James flew overhead, occasionally divebombing Shira's captors, and with the Kitsune and Kusa combining their mastery over Blue Fire, sending a barrage. But the dark figures were too swift, too evasive. As the caravan pulled out of view, Shira got one last look at Luna's face, whispering, "I'm sorry... I love you."
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:41 pm

The ten Royal Guard swordsmen, led by Tristan and Kisen, formed a circle around the archers and Par. The assassins charge in, leaving time for only one crossbow volley that took down five assassins. Two assassins attempt to break through, but Salvation bashes one's head in and Damnation breaks the other's ribs in many places. One of the Royal Guardsmen goes down and five assassins burst through the hole, taking down two archers. One turns on Kyle, who is desparately trying to reload. The sword goes up, then falls quickly. Kyle braces for the killing blow that never came. He looks at the assassin to see blood coming out of his mouth and the sword on the ground. He falls, to reveal Par and a knife in the the man's back. Another swordsman is overrun and most of the remaining archers abandon their crossbows and draw swords. A group of swordsmen, led by Tristan, manages to break through the main group of assassins and encounters their leader.
"So, the great Royal Guard has come to the Eldwich Highlands. I wonder how much farther they'll get when they are left leaderless." At this, Tristan charges forward and swings Damnation at the assassin leader, who calmly sidesteps the blow. Meanwhile, ten more assassins burst out from the brush, making it an eighteen to eleven advantage in numbers for the assassins. Kyle finally manages to find time to reload his repeating crossbow and quickly fires all six bolts, taking down four assassins before redrawing his sword and charging recklessly at two assassins. Kisen, followed by two Royal Guardsmen, charges a group of four assassins. Kisen is able to stab one of them through the heart, while a Royal Guardsmen is downed by a blow to the neck. The remaining Guardsmen takes down another assassin, turns to another, but is stabbed in the back and falls, dead. Kisen turns to find himself alone and cornered by two assassins. He drops Baragnus, the cumbersome white armor disappearing, and Demon Punches one of the assassins. The remaining assassin manages to cut Kisen's arm before joining his companion.
Meanwhile, Tristan finds himself in a duel with the assassin commander. A group of Royal Guardsmen and assassins litter the ground around them as they try to find an opening in each others' defenses.
"The Royal Guard has lived up to its reputation as an elite group. Congratulations."
"Thanks." says Tristan through gritted teeth, swinging Salvation down while blocking the assassin's blade with Damnation. But before the blow reaches the target, the assassin draws a second blade to block Salvation. The two stay deadlocked like this for a minute before the assassin leader lets out a gasp of surprise as he falls to the ground, two knives in his back.
"You're welcome," says Par.
"Hmph. I had him." complains Tristan, wishing he could have got in the killing blow.

The remaining assassins flee, realising they had lost. Besides Kyle, Par, Tristan, and Kisen, only four of the initial eighteen Royal Guardsmen were able to continue to fight, and two others were severely injured.
"I wonder what they were after?" asked Kyle.
"I do not know." said Tristan, not noticing the glances exchanged by Kisen and Par.
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Long after the attackers were gone Luna was running as fast as she could, and sobbing. "Shira! No!" Kusa had to grab her and hold her back. "Luna! It's hopeless! We'll find them!" "No! No! We have to save them! Shira!" "Luna!" Kylo's voice echoed and Luna stopped. "Y-yes...?" "Luna, we'll find them, but you need to calm down. Everything will be ok. We'll get them back, if I die doing it." Luna stopped crying and calmed down. "Ok... Can we please go find them?" Kusa spoke to Kylo. "How did you do that?" "She's calmed by explaining whats going on, telling her what she needs to do, and by telling what we will do." "Oh." Luna walked silently in the desired direction, lead by the little fox and followed by the rest of the gang. Her ears drooped with sadness. The fox mimicked her. The two looked so alike, it was obvious that they were one. The two walked one before the other.
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:46 pm

"Sir, the machines are ready for your command."
"Excellent. If they have any sort of success, a raise is in order. Release the HunterX4's on Questor. Now, if you wouldn't mind."
"Yessir." The engineer leaves, leaving Vaisey to his thoughts.
"Good-bye Questor. Our rivalry was enjoyable, but all good things must come to an end."
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Kisen bandaged his arm, while the other Guards tended to the dead and wounded. Once he finished, the warrior looked around the area of battle, looking to see if there were any more foes. Right after he passed a bush, it rustled. Kisen slowly approached it, and looked over it to reveal a wounded assassin.
"Hey guys, look what we have here!" Kisen shouted. " A survivor! Help me carry him to a nearby tree!" Par and Kyle ran over, and lifted the man, bringing him to a nearby oak, then tieing him up.
"Here hold this," Kisen said, as he tossed his sheathed sword to Kyle. Then, taking his stiletto, the knight/thief approached the prisoner.
"Now, please tell us who sent you." he said to the captured assassin.
"Never!" the man replied.
'Look, I don't want to hurt you, but if you don't cooperate, I'll be forced to use... Persuasive tools" Kisen said, gesturing with his stiletto. The assassin's face was drained of all color.
"Bah, you don't scare me!" he said, half-heartedly.
"Okay, then you won't mind if I do this." Kisen brought his knife closer and closer to the man's neck, until it was inches away from the skin. The assassin cracked.
"Okay! Don't hurt me! I give up! Volverein sent us." he said, shaking.
"What was your mission?"
"To kill you, the man, with many knives, and the man with two maces, and then capture the girl with green hair."
"Why does Volverein want the girl?"
"He said that she was an important imperial servant, and that she must be dealt with cautiously."
"What!?" Kisen shouted.
Back to top Go down
Csquared08
Mega Super Brawler
Csquared08

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Par and Tristan reach Kisen, only to hear the assassin say, "Volverein sent us." They remain still as they hear the rest. When Nicole is revealed to be an important Imperial agent, Tristan rushes back to check on Nicole, while Par heads to Kisen and the assassin to gain more information.
"So, Volve sent you to kill us and capture the girl?"
"Yes." The assassin is shaking uncontrollaby as Par draws his daggers.
"And this girl was an important Imperial agent?"
"Yes." The man is cringing as the daggers get closer.
"Do you know the name of this agent?"
"No..." The man looks away.
"You lie. Tell us."
"Never!" The assassin suddenly pulls a knife and slits his throat.

Meanwhile, Tristan reaches Nicole and asks her a few questions.
"So, you remember nothing further back than three weeks ago?"
"Correct. All I remember is that I'm looking for someone. Who, I do not know."
"You're positive?"
"Yes. Why do you continue to ask?"
"Just wondering if your memory came back."
Wait... Now that I think about it, she does look vaguely familiar. Could it be...?
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Shira woke in a comfortable, lavish bed. It took him ten minutes to even get over the feel of the fabrics upon which he had slept for what must have been untold hours. He was no longer in his tattered shirt and pants, and he no longer even had his trusted katana and dagger. He was sporting a black leather jacket with a red shirt underneath, arctic-camo pants and new shoes. That shocked him even more; who had ordered his capture? Where had he been taken? Clearly this was not a hostage situation; if it was, it was one he could get used to. He sat up from his bed, scanning the room, but finding no knife being pressed to his throat. He saw grand oak doors that gleamed in the lamplight, and it was those towards which he stepped. He cracked open the doors and found Imperial soldiers. Had the Empire captured him? Did he and Okami really scare Serinside that much that he and Okami were arrested?

An Imperial glanced at Shira, and seemed to pay no mind. Shira heard the door creak as a guard stationed outside his room opened the door further and looked into the room suspiciously. But when he noticed Shira, his face lightened. "Ah, you're up. The Emperor would like an audience with you. This way, please..."
Shira was stunned. The Imperial Palace?! The Emperor had arranged him to be captured? Emperor Vode, the most powerful man on the continent, wanted an audience with a fifteen-year-old orphan from the bowels of the backwoods? Shira drifted behind the guard, stunned. As they approached doors that must have been twenty feet tall, six guards granted them entry, and swung wide the doors of the throne room. The guard stood at the doorway, obviously a little anxious to get Shira in and shut the door. "In you go, then," the guard ordered, pushing Shira gently in. The doors shut behind him, and sitting directly in front of him was Vode.

Ahh, so you finally decided to come out of it. I suppose your first four days here have been getting caught up on sleep, hm?" The Emperor of Jawari stood and floated towards Shira. "I am the Emperor. And your name is Shiranui. Is this correct?" Shira could hardly spit out a simple "Yes," before lapsing back into silence. Vode looked somewhat amused. "I'm afraid I must apologize for the... Assertive means of bringing you and your Wolf friend here, but I don't think you would have went along with it if I had suggested we retire to my abode for a pleasant conversation, hm? Ah, but no matter. Enough beating around the bush; I brought you here because you have a very interesting birth secret, and some very potent powers locked away inside of you. With my help, you can learn both your birth secret and how to blossom and tame your true potential. The little orphan from the forest becoming one of the most powerful warriors in all the Empire... Care to float that idea about?"

Shira inquired, his thoughts overriding his cold feet, "I won't help unless I get reunited with Okami." Vode nodded and allowed, "Yes, yes, that is a given. Now... Your birth secret? You are descended from a famous warrior of the Sinarra Peninsula; his name is your namesake. The Knight Shiranui, of the Sinnara Empire. Perhaps you've heard of him?" Vode studied Shira's blank expression. "Hmm... Well, allow me to put this plainly: He was gifted with fire magic. He was also able to turn into a white wolf. You also have limited fire powers, and your bond with Okami more explains your connection to your ancestor's latter trait. The clan that descended from his blood was also renowned for loyalty and gifts in the other elemental arts... Allow me to help you, and your Wolf friend, Okami, and you both will become two of the most powerful figures in Jawari. You see, the Four Lords can only do so much with such limited manpower... So we agreed to expand the order. You two were specifically selected to join the other Four and become the Commandants. Shiranui, do you accept my offer?"
Back to top Go down
mewt73
advance member
mewt73

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Ephraim was starting to get a little disappointed. The man with the gun didn't seem to be trying to advance in any tactical way, almost seeming to be bewildered that his shot missed. Of course, with the man closing in on the group, he could see a bit of knowledge in his enemies eyes. He knew something about Ephraim and because of that, missing didn't seem to phase him all that much.

As he continued along, he saw the two of them converse and then the woman in the company lifted up her staff and began to form some type of power. "Hmm?" Ephraim stopped for a moment, watching her very closely to see what was happening. Once the fire ball was on it's way to the forest, Ephraim watched with a bit of an empty feeling inside of him. His eyes were widened as the energy blast hit the trees and started to cause mass amounts of chaos. The fire spread and started coming towards him, as the smoke began to drive not only him but other animals in the forest and mountains crazy.

Turning his head at the group, his eyes narrowed as his growled loudly. Lightning began to swirl around his body as it began to lash out on other trees near by making them fall. He had been living in nature for quite some time, enjoying the peace and quiet it had to offer. Just like scum humans to ruin everything he loved.

Although the group had accomplished it's goal of smoking the lightning man out, they also accomplished awakening a fury inside he had been trying to control for years now. He was off the ground, lightning blasting from his body destroying the earth he blew past. He was heading straight towards them like a bullet, teeth showing and eyes glowing.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Shira was spellbound by Vode's words... He had hidden abilities? Descended from a legendary warrior? It seemed far too good to be true, but he knew somehow that the Emperor wasn't lying here. "...I'll... I'll accept your offer... my Lord." A pleased grin spread across Vode's face. "Good, good... Now, about unlocking your powers, my right hand, Volverein, will escort you." A man with red hair, black clothes and a clown's mask took Shira by the arm. "Just follow me. Where we're going your pet is too."

They snaked their way through the labyrinthine Palace. Shira could tell they were going far underground; the brilliantly-painted walls of the upper and ground floors were replaced with cold, damp stones, and the musty scent of a cave. Before long they arrived at a black pool, which couldn't have been water. Okami was curled up at its foot. At the sound of footsteps, the once-dull Wolf unfurled himself and jumped at Shira, tackling him to the ground, barking, licking Shira's face and wagging his tail. Volverein crossed his arms, waiting patiently. As soon as Shira and Okami regained themselves and looked to Volverein, he said, "Well, wanna unlock your powers? Dive into this pool. It's so dark by itself because it reflects the emptiness that is oneself before unlocking their true potential. The "liquid darkness," as we call it, channels into you, filling you, unlocking you. It then takes on the vibrancy of your true self. So, if you wanna get strong, dive right in."

Shira looked at the abysmal liquid. He stood, leaning over it apprehensively. Okami whined and folded back his ears, sniffing Shira's shoulder. Shira looked back into Okami's eyes and said, "Well, here goes nothing... C'mon, boy." Shira jumped into the bladck, tar-like substance. It felt so strange he gasped, and took a mouthful of the sludge. He spat it back out. He felt his mind slipping away, and quickly climbed out, shaking himself off, gasping. Okami sniffed him, as if asking he was okay. "It's fine, boy. Just get out soon, and you're fine..." Okami stared at the black ooze hesitantly, but jumped in anyway, remembering Shira's advice. He paddled to the other side and got out. He shook the excess goo out of his fur vigorously. Shira looked own at the pool, but no longer saw the sickly muck; he saw a bright mirror. Shira looked into it. His eyes were no longer grey, but red. His face was hardened into a darker stare, a far cry from the innocent child's face he had before. His hair was now raven-black, and slicked back into spikes. Two locks streamed down the sides of his head. He felt much, much stronger... He looked back up at a fiercer-looking Okami, with a meaner expression and darker streaks of fur.

Shira's observation was interrupted by a clanking of metal. A group of Palace Guards had brought down a jar of water, a jar of sand, a katana that gleamed even in the dinky cave, a dagger that curved like water, and armor specially fitted for Okami. Shira sauntered forward, swiping the katana, slinging the sheath across his back, and wrapping the dagger's hilt around his waist. Three guards fitted the armor onto Okami. The armor covered his face, legs and back; even the tail had crosses of metal over it.

Shira looked at the jar of water, and put out his hand, raising it. The water rose from the jar, as if it was a puppet. Shira floated the water around him, manipulating it into different shaped. With his other hand he shot out a blast of fire which evaporated the water. Okami was startled and loosed a bolt of lightning. He dug his claws into the stone and shards of the rock floated around them. Okami was frightened still and fired the shards of stone which impaled themselves into the rock wall to Shira's right. Both of them had new looks and new abilities...
Back to top Go down
LucaTheLucario
brawler
LucaTheLucario

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:39 am

Luna walked along with the fox. Suddenly, she felt something strange. She felt like soemthing was different. She felt like hope was not lost. She started running wildly. "SHIRA!!!" The fox darted with her. Kylo shrugged and ran as well, the others following.
Luna had a sense that Shira was ok. She just didn't know where to find him. She stopped and looked around. "Well, where could he be?" The little fox swished its tail. "I know, but which way?" He yipped softly. "Nonsense. Should we set up camp? Maybe they'll find us." The fox nodded once. "Hey guys," Luna called. "We're gonna set up camp for a bit and maybe Shira and Okami will find us. We'll wait a day or so." The group agreed and they all started unpacking what they could.
Luna built a small shelter for the others. Her and her fox sat on a large rock and looked up at the faint stars. Luna sighed and stroked the fox's ears. "You wanna find them too, huh?" The little fox yipped and licked her finger. "Hmhm. You're cute. I know they're ok, but where are they, sweety?" The little fox seemed to frown. "Yeah. I don't know either." The two slept out under the stars, the fox laying on her stomache.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Stand   The Final Stand - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Stand
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next