Valiant Brawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valiant Brawlers

Elite Warriors of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).

Go down 
+5
Zhao
Shiranui117
Minby_Aran
td260
PeppyWil
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:50 pm

td260 wrote:
um... "worst revocery in the game? what about DK? or bowser? just to name a few...
Moar liek Wolf
Back to top Go down
td260
Super Brawler
td260

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm

_Shiranui117 wrote:
td260 wrote:
um... "worst revocery in the game? what about DK? or bowser? just to name a few...
Moar liek Wolf
]and jiggly who after floating has nothing, samus who has no horizontal, and diddy who explodes of you hit him!
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:52 pm

_Shiranui117 wrote:
VolkeOfSilence wrote:
_Shiranui117 wrote:
IMHO, Fox hasn't been nerfed THAT badly... Wolf deserves D or E tier, IMHO. Sheik should move up a spot or two; infinite on MK FTW. Too easily raped by chaingrabs though ._.

And Link should AT LEAST be D tier; he still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He had the same problems in Melee but still raped in Aniki's hands.

Wolf... he's a mixed bag, I really don't know what to say about that one. xD

Sheik has potential, but she has bad priority that sort of ruins her potential. =/ I like Sheik too, it suuuucks. Though those combo thingies are nice. They're just situational, unfortunately.

Link had better recovery in Melee and could L cancel his landing lag.
When I used Wolf, there really was only one right way to use him. You have to master even the simplest maneuvers to last a minute with him, and his ledgegrab range is the worst in the game.

I no rite? ;-;

Granted.
One must admit, though, Wolf's Fsmash and Dsmash are still, to this day, good moves. His Bair is rape... Uair is good... when it comes right down to it, Wolf only uses, like, half of his moveset. xD
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 pm

VolkeOfSilence wrote:
_Shiranui117 wrote:
VolkeOfSilence wrote:
_Shiranui117 wrote:
IMHO, Fox hasn't been nerfed THAT badly... Wolf deserves D or E tier, IMHO. Sheik should move up a spot or two; infinite on MK FTW. Too easily raped by chaingrabs though ._.

And Link should AT LEAST be D tier; he still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He had the same problems in Melee but still raped in Aniki's hands.

Wolf... he's a mixed bag, I really don't know what to say about that one. xD

Sheik has potential, but she has bad priority that sort of ruins her potential. =/ I like Sheik too, it suuuucks. Though those combo thingies are nice. They're just situational, unfortunately.

Link had better recovery in Melee and could L cancel his landing lag.
When I used Wolf, there really was only one right way to use him. You have to master even the simplest maneuvers to last a minute with him, and his ledgegrab range is the worst in the game.

I no rite? ;-;

Granted.
One must admit, though, Wolf's Fsmash and Dsmash are still, to this day, good moves. His Bair is rape... Uair is good... when it comes right down to it, Wolf only uses, like, half of his moveset. xD
Yeah... Fonz and Jumpman are the ONLY good non-spam Wolfs I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
Shiranui117

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 pm

td260 wrote:
_Shiranui117 wrote:
td260 wrote:
Moar liek Wolf
]and jiggly who after floating has nothing, samus who has no horizontal, and diddy who explodes of you hit him!
And floating is ridiculously good.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 pm

td260 wrote:
_Shiranui117 wrote:
td260 wrote:
Moar liek Wolf

Wolf's recovery is decent, as long as you don't screw up with it. xD
Jiggly can't possibly have the worst recovery... Jiggly can go under most stages to the other side. xD
Samus has her grapple beam thing for horizontal recovery, and her UpB has pretty good vertical distance.
Diddy's recovery is crazy good. Just gotta be AZ smart about using it.
Back to top Go down
Minby_Aran
Admin
Minby_Aran

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 pm

VolkeOfSilence wrote:
td260 wrote:

Donkey Kong has great horizontal recovery. His vertical may suck, but don't get meteor smashed and don't be stupid, and it's really not a problem.

Bowser's sucks, LOL. But it isn't as bad as Link's. Link... throw him off the stage, hit him with a projectile, edgehog.... that's one stock. =/ I like Link too, I almost mained him in SSB64. T_T
Also, take into account that Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, so recovery isn't as important for him.
Back to top Go down
https://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:
VolkeOfSilence wrote:
td260 wrote:

Donkey Kong has great horizontal recovery. His vertical may suck, but don't get meteor smashed and don't be stupid, and it's really not a problem.

Bowser's sucks, LOL. But it isn't as bad as Link's. Link... throw him off the stage, hit him with a projectile, edgehog.... that's one stock. =/ I like Link too, I almost mained him in SSB64. T_T
Also, take into account that Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, so recovery isn't as important for him.
True that.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 pm

Bump, so that Stealth can see Wolf's new position.

EDIT: Also, haha Stealth, Luigi is now higher than Wolf, get pooped on by Zhao.
Back to top Go down
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet
Test field: 10

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 pm

This doesn't surprise me one bit. He wasn't going to stay in the Bottom-High Tier for long.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 pm

On the bright side, at least you don't main Ike.
Back to top Go down
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:52 pm

What's wrong with Ike? He rapes when the one playing actually has skill.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Stealth309 wrote:
What's wrong with Ike? He rapes when the one playing actually has skill.

So does every other character. Ike is just crazy easy to beat, and has some reeeeally bad matchups. Like Falco, Wolf, Marth, Olimar, etc. He also is completely unable to beat MK. MK's Dair, when used over and over, is a frame trap that Ike cannot escape. It WILL result in Ike dying. Sad
Back to top Go down
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 am

Wolf ain't much different when it comes to matchups. He's got D3, Falco, MK(as if this isn't obvious). It's usually a good ieda to play defensively until you think you have you opponent figured out. Who knows, maybe there is something you can do about Mk's predic--oh whoops! There I go again with my ideals.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:03 am

Wario can chaingrab Wolf with his dthrow to at least 100%.

No joke.
Back to top Go down
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:05 am

I hate chain grabs. Tech chasing is one thing, but argh! But then again, any Wolf player knows that any chaingrab can be stopped with the help of the reflector. For the very moment that you press down + B to the moment the reflector comes out, you are completely invincible.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 am

Stealth309 wrote:
I hate chain grabs. Tech chasing is one thing, but argh! But then again, any Wolf player knows that any chaingrab can be stopped with the help of the reflector. For the very moment that you press down + B to the moment the reflector comes out, you are completely invincible.

I use Falco, so Iove chaingrabs. xD
Back to top Go down
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:16 am

I would understand that.
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:20 am

PEWPEW *regrab*
Back to top Go down
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:24 am

AW SHIT!

*SD's*
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 am

MWAHAHA! PEWPEW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR). - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2