Valiant Brawlers

Elite Warriors of Super Smash Brothers Brawl
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:07 pm

S Tier

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A Tier

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B Tier

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C Tier

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D Tier

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

E Tier

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf


Marth not a top tier, Wario the new 3rd best, Ganon now the worst, Lucas and Ness seperated, Sonic goes up 8 spots, Luigi and Peach both reppin' the Mario series fairly well, Wolf is now the worst spacy, Luigi ranks above both him and Fox, and DK, ROB, and TL, all early contenders for top, are now dropping like flies.

All this and more, on the new SBR Tier List!

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
td260
Super Brawler
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2008-12-18
Age : 24
Location : Staten Island, NY

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:09 pm

but teir number a good character doth not make
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minby_Aran
Admin
avatar

Posts : 414
Join date : 2008-07-11
Age : 28

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Bowser deserves to be moved up to bottom of C tier.
Great power, amazing tilts, decent speed, and the kooplex can really end a match well.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2009-01-01
Age : 25
Location : Powell, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Lucario above Kirby. He has faster, more powerful smashes, tilts and throws, the most powerful counter in the game, a potent projectile, Force Palm chaingrab and more fluid airgame. Don't fuck with Lucario once he hits 80%. Even before then he's potent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:49 pm

_Shiranui117 wrote:
Lucario above Kirby. He has faster, more powerful smashes, tilts and throws, the most powerful counter in the game, a potent projectile, Force Palm chaingrab and more fluid airgame. Don't fuck with Lucario once he hits 80%. Even before then he's potent.

Lucario's F smash is the only one that is actually used as a kill move at high level play. The same goes for Kirby, actually. Both characters have great F smashes.

Tilts don't need to be powerful, they need to be fast and able to combo. Both characters have great U tilts for comboing heavy characters at low percents. Both have mediocre f tilts; Kirby's is faster. Both have fairly bad d tilts; Kirby's is higher in priority.

Lucario's throws can't combo, Kirby's can. Kirby throw combo example: F throw>U air>U tilt>B air>Bair. Known as the Asdioh combo in the Midwest, very common. F throw>U air>Regrab>D throw>U tilt> U tilt/B air. Also a good variation. Lucarios pummel attack is better, but Kirby's grabs are fantastic for combos at low percents; Kirby's U throw also does decent damage and has knockback enough to kill at high percentages.

Counter sucks in all ways, shapes, and forms. Marth's is the only one that's actually good. A good player will have enough of a brain to wait for Lucario's counter frames to end, then hit him with a smash during the end lag.

Projectile point acknowledged; probably the best thing about Lucario is his Aura Sphere.

It takes a retard to fall for the forcepalm chaingrab. Kirby's grab combo does more damage and sets up better. Forcepalm grab has an incredibly small range and punishable ending lag if when it misses.

Kirby has one of the most fluid airgames in... the game (We all just lost the game). Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Yoshi, D3, Wario, Kirby. Pretty much the peak of air game. Lucario's air game is incredibly limited. F air, D air. U air is okay, not great. Others are incredibly laggy. N air is decent for fast falling, because it has no landing lag, but nothing outside of that.

If Lucario were heavy, his special ability would be much more useful. As it is, it's... meh, it helps, but it doesn't change his moveset for the better.

And, last but not least, Lucario is crazy easy to edgehog. Kirby, on the other hand, can recover from just about anywhere.

And Lucario mainers are all emo furry lovers. Can't forget that one.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:
Bowser deserves to be moved up to bottom of C tier.
Great power, amazing tilts, decent speed, and the kooplex can really end a match well.

I actually think Bowser should be moved up, just a spot or two. He's got some really good gameplay mechanics. A chaingrab on some characters, the Klaw, etc. Just not too much. He's too damn easy to smack around. And he needs a better recovery, no doubt there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2009-01-01
Age : 25
Location : Powell, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Me=emo furry lover? Okay, you keep thinking that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:53 pm

_Shiranui117 wrote:
Me=emo furry lover? Okay, you keep thinking that...
You don't main Lucario, you main Marth. Silly. xD

And that's actually a quote from a blog on AiB. I had to throw it in there, sorry. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zhao
Valiant Strategist
avatar

Posts : 165
Join date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:21 pm

I agree with everything Wil said, except Kirby's f-smash. It's actually pretty terrible, which leads to Kirby's weakness: All his kills moves are slow, and though they are powerful, they are extremely predictable.

Bowser...lacks tournament representation, but he is good. I like his placement now though, you're talking about putting him in the same tier as Luigi :O

Speaking of Luigi, B tier by next tier list. I'm calling it now. He's been highly considered a prime CP for Diddy and Olimar, and a lot of people on the west (and east) coast are beginning to learn him. Add to the fact that Boss is killing MKs, Biglou is pwning Georgia and I'm....winning tournaments in NS (<3), I think it's safe to say Luigi will rise to B tier. How high? Probably bottom of it.

Wario is going to stay where he is, his worst matchup is MK, and grab releases rape him. Luckily, his air camping game is so good, and his overall style is so amazing, that he's one of the few characters who can adjust to anything! He could rise, he'll probably stay, but he won't go lower.

Genesis will decide if MK gets banned or not. It will also decide if Snake can rise above him or not.

Aaand, Link will go above Captain Falcon.

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Shadow
advance member
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2009-06-11

Character sheet
Test field: 10

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:39 pm

it looks like im in the d tier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks for bumping this, Zhao. Very Happy

<3 Weegee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cr0w
advance member
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-06-30

Character sheet
Test field: 10

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:28 am

Ganon T_T.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minby_Aran
Admin
avatar

Posts : 414
Join date : 2008-07-11
Age : 28

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:31 am

I feel you Cr0w, I feel you man.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net
Cr0w
advance member
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-06-30

Character sheet
Test field: 10

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 am

Does he have to be at the BOTTOM of the bottom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zhao
Valiant Strategist
avatar

Posts : 165
Join date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am

Yes, considering there is one good Ganon placing in the world XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
td260
Super Brawler
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2008-12-18
Age : 24
Location : Staten Island, NY

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:44 am

Zhao wrote:
I agree with everything Wil said, except Kirby's f-smash. It's actually pretty terrible, which leads to Kirby's weakness: All his kills moves are slow, and though they are powerful, they are extremely predictable.

Bowser...lacks tournament representation, but he is good. I like his placement now though, you're talking about putting him in the same tier as Luigi :O

Speaking of Luigi, B tier by next tier list. I'm calling it now. He's been highly considered a prime CP for Diddy and Olimar, and a lot of people on the west (and east) coast are beginning to learn him. Add to the fact that Boss is killing MKs, Biglou is pwning Georgia and I'm....winning tournaments in NS (<3), I think it's safe to say Luigi will rise to B tier. How high? Probably bottom of it.

Wario is going to stay where he is, his worst matchup is MK, and grab releases rape him. Luckily, his air camping game is so good, and his overall style is so amazing, that he's one of the few characters who can adjust to anything! He could rise, he'll probably stay, but he won't go lower.

Genesis will decide if MK gets banned or not. It will also decide if Snake can rise above him or not.

Aaand, Link will go above Captain Falcon.

<3
THANK YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scourge
advance member
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-01-26
Age : 24

Character sheet
Test field: 10

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:24 pm

VolkeOfSilence wrote:
S Tier

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A Tier

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B Tier

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C Tier

Peach
should be higher
Luigi ^this
Fox ^this
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D Tier

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike


E Tier

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf



Marth not a top tier, Wario the new 3rd best, Ganon now the worst, Lucas and Ness seperated, Sonic goes up 8 spots, Luigi and Peach both reppin' the Mario series fairly well, Wolf is now the worst spacy, Luigi ranks above both him and Fox, and DK, ROB, and TL, all early contenders for top, are now dropping like flies.

All this and more, on the new SBR Tier List!

Discuss.

[b]'d spots win
[s]'d spots fail

There is no way Fox is on the same tier as wolf
Never seen a good Wario player
All F-tier are incredibly good, just they have all been nerfed, so no one plays them anymore, but they are still awesome.
Peach and Luigi are better than C tier
I almost feel like arguing with IC, but I'll agree, for those who main them, they are pretty good
Also, Lucas may be sub-par, but he doesn't deserve E-tier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
td260
Super Brawler
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2008-12-18
Age : 24
Location : Staten Island, NY

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

scourge wrote:
VolkeOfSilence wrote:
S Tier

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A Tier

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B Tier

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C Tier

Peach
should be higher
Luigi ^this
Fox ^this
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D Tier

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike


E Tier

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf



Marth not a top tier, Wario the new 3rd best, Ganon now the worst, Lucas and Ness seperated, Sonic goes up 8 spots, Luigi and Peach both reppin' the Mario series fairly well, Wolf is now the worst spacy, Luigi ranks above both him and Fox, and DK, ROB, and TL, all early contenders for top, are now dropping like flies.

All this and more, on the new SBR Tier List!

Discuss.

[b]'d spots win
[s]'d spots fail

There is no way Fox is on the same tier as wolf
Never seen a good Wario player
All F-tier are incredibly good, just they have all been nerfed, so no one plays them anymore, but they are still awesome.
Peach and Luigi are better than C tier
I almost feel like arguing with IC, but I'll agree, for those who main them, they are pretty good
Also, Lucas may be sub-par, but he doesn't deserve E-tier.
again... THANK YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2009-01-01
Age : 25
Location : Powell, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:32 pm

IMHO, Fox hasn't been nerfed THAT badly... Wolf deserves D or E tier, IMHO. Sheik should move up a spot or two; infinite on MK FTW. Too easily raped by chaingrabs though ._.

And Link should AT LEAST be D tier; he still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He had the same problems in Melee but still raped in Aniki's hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
td260
Super Brawler
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2008-12-18
Age : 24
Location : Staten Island, NY

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:33 pm

one major problem with link i find is his grab. you can't chain it, and it's a pain in the ass if it doesn't connect, because you're completely vulnerable...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 pm

scourge wrote:
VolkeOfSilence wrote:
S Tier

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

A Tier

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

B Tier

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

C Tier

Peach
should be higher
Luigi ^this
Fox ^this
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

D Tier

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike


E Tier

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

F Tier

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf



Marth not a top tier, Wario the new 3rd best, Ganon now the worst, Lucas and Ness seperated, Sonic goes up 8 spots, Luigi and Peach both reppin' the Mario series fairly well, Wolf is now the worst spacy, Luigi ranks above both him and Fox, and DK, ROB, and TL, all early contenders for top, are now dropping like flies.

All this and more, on the new SBR Tier List!

Discuss.

[b]'d spots win
[s]'d spots fail

There is no way Fox is on the same tier as wolf
Never seen a good Wario player
All F-tier are incredibly good, just they have all been nerfed, so no one plays them anymore, but they are still awesome.
Peach and Luigi are better than C tier
I almost feel like arguing with IC, but I'll agree, for those who main them, they are pretty good
Also, Lucas may be sub-par, but he doesn't deserve E-tier.

I won't comment on the bolded ones, obviously.

Fox has a decent moveset, and combos, but he gets chaingrabbed so easily, it's pathetic. Pikachu can down throw him to 90% or so and up smash him, and he can't do anything. Falco's CG dominates Fox, too. I honestly feel bad for Fox players.
Wario is CRAZY good in Brawl, make no mistake. Fiction and Futile come to mind for good Wario players.
They most certainly aren't "incredibly good." Ganon moves like both of his legs are broken, Link has the worst recovery in the game, Captain Falcon has zero priority, and Jigglypuff has terrible range, among other problems. Ganon is litterally unable to beat MK and Sheik. Like, 80:20.
I agree with this. Zhao's already mentioned Weegee. Not too many people play Peach, but she's got crazy good potential.
Lain makes ICs look top tier. It's sick.
Lucas actually does deserve E-tier. It's not like F tier, where they're all actually really bad; Lucas is actually not too shabby, but his weaknesses are still there. Hey, SOMEBODY has to be low tier. And I like Lucas, too. =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
td260
Super Brawler
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2008-12-18
Age : 24
Location : Staten Island, NY

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 pm

um... "worst revocery in the game? what about DK? or bowser? just to name a few...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:44 pm

_Shiranui117 wrote:
IMHO, Fox hasn't been nerfed THAT badly... Wolf deserves D or E tier, IMHO. Sheik should move up a spot or two; infinite on MK FTW. Too easily raped by chaingrabs though ._.

And Link should AT LEAST be D tier; he still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He had the same problems in Melee but still raped in Aniki's hands.

Wolf... he's a mixed bag, I really don't know what to say about that one. xD

Sheik has potential, but she has bad priority that sort of ruins her potential. =/ I like Sheik too, it suuuucks. Though those combo thingies are nice. They're just situational, unfortunately.

Link had better recovery in Melee and could L cancel his landing lag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeppyWil
SHU people
avatar

Posts : 380
Join date : 2008-12-13
Age : 25
Location : Huber Heights, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:47 pm

td260 wrote:
um... "worst revocery in the game? what about DK? or bowser? just to name a few...

Donkey Kong has great horizontal recovery. His vertical may suck, but don't get meteor smashed and don't be stupid, and it's really not a problem.

Bowser's sucks, LOL. But it isn't as bad as Link's. Link... throw him off the stage, hit him with a projectile, edgehog.... that's one stock. =/ I like Link too, I almost mained him in SSB64. T_T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiranui117
Valiant Mascot
Valiant Mascot
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2009-01-01
Age : 25
Location : Powell, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:48 pm

VolkeOfSilence wrote:
_Shiranui117 wrote:
IMHO, Fox hasn't been nerfed THAT badly... Wolf deserves D or E tier, IMHO. Sheik should move up a spot or two; infinite on MK FTW. Too easily raped by chaingrabs though ._.

And Link should AT LEAST be D tier; he still has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He had the same problems in Melee but still raped in Aniki's hands.

Wolf... he's a mixed bag, I really don't know what to say about that one. xD

Sheik has potential, but she has bad priority that sort of ruins her potential. =/ I like Sheik too, it suuuucks. Though those combo thingies are nice. They're just situational, unfortunately.

Link had better recovery in Melee and could L cancel his landing lag.
When I used Wolf, there really was only one right way to use him. You have to master even the simplest maneuvers to last a minute with him, and his ledgegrab range is the worst in the game.

I no rite? ;-;

Granted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).   

Back to top Go down
 
Heavily debatable: discussion of the New Tier List (SBR).
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valiant Brawlers :: Brawl :: General Brawl Talk-
Jump to: