Valiant Brawlers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Valiant Brawlers

Elite Warriors of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whoa this was weird

Go down 
+3
The Shadow
Minby_Aran
mewt73
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mewt73
advance member
mewt73

Character sheet
Test field: 10

Whoa this was weird Empty
PostSubject: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:43 pm

I've been joking with Wil a lot in matches. xD I dunno why but every time I play Wil I never feel like trying, I just like goofing off. Or... um... just like walking up to him with absolutely no mind games at all then getting hit and being like "Aw, what the crap?! How'd he hit me?"

Yeah, but that wasn't he point of this topic.

3 matches I was bowser for some reason [one match I got wrecked] and I was like "Holy crap, how am I doing this good?" Honestly, I beginning to like bowser! Very Happy

Keep or just drop?
Back to top Go down
Minby_Aran
Admin
Minby_Aran

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Drop, I wanna be the only good Bowser here Razz

But honestly, Bowser can be really good if you use him right, but his playstyle is extremely different than everyone else's.
Back to top Go down
https://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net
mewt73
advance member
mewt73

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Sorta. He is different then most of the heavy weights but he's kinda like Charizard.

What I liked about him was you can get out of some situations with up-b and his fire is pretty good. He just has to be so darn slow D:
Back to top Go down
The Shadow
advance member
The Shadow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:43 am

my brother is pretty good at using bowser
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:15 pm

I told you you're better than me. You're mindgames are so mindgame they mindgame you into thinking you don't do mindgames. Mindgames.

Your Bowser was good, Mewt. You need to spam side special moar, though. Potential auto kill? Yes please. 18% damage if it doesn't? Yes please.

I was using Donkey Kong in the matches that Mewt used Bowser. I don't know that matchup at all, so if it's good for either character, I don't think either of us knew about it. DK's tilts do crazy stuff to Bowser, but Bowser can catch DK's fat ass in the fire for 40% damage... it seems pretty even at first glance. Bowser's UpB on the ground is invincibility + damage on frame 1, so DK can't dominate the ground game, but DK's tilts out range it. The only thing I can think of is that, if DK spikes Bowser, Bowser can't recover because he lacks vertical, while Bowser can't spike to take advantage of that.

Oh wow, I just wrote a paragraph on a matchup I know nothing about in a forum where nobody cares.

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Solidix Snike
SHU people
Solidix Snike

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Keep Bowser. The Whirling Slam is, like Wil said, a possible auto-kill. And even when it isn't, it sets up a bit of juggling, if you're quick enough.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Valiant Strategist
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:44 pm

The Boozercide only works at lower percents if they don't DI it.

However, grab releases, UpB OoS and avoiding use of laggy attacks near the ground will make your Bowser very tiiight <3
Back to top Go down
mewt73
advance member
mewt73

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 9:17 pm

I've actually been working on that, zhao. And thanks for the advice guys! Very Happy

Fire is good for short periods of time, til they get to close so I gotta work on that.
Side B has some sick range, so I should definitely use it more often.
UpB is definitely a safe haven, just as long as I'm away from said foe. After lag is pretty bad
Along with everything else bowser does. He's actually fast, he just has finishing lag.

Jab to down B will break any shield, no matter what. So if they're a shield whore, I got them with that! Very Happy
Not to be overused though lol

If I remember correctly, I got Wil with downB a ton
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 9:51 pm

mewt73 wrote:
I've actually been working on that, zhao. And thanks for the advice guys! Very Happy

Fire is good for short periods of time, til they get to close so I gotta work on that.
UpB is definitely a safe haven, just as long as I'm away from said foe. After lag is pretty bad
Along with everything else bowser does. He's actually fast, he just has finishing lag.

Jab to down B will break any shield, no matter what. So if they're a shield whore, I got them with that! Very Happy

You do remember correctly. I wasn't expecting it, the Bowser mains say not to use it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Minby_Aran
Admin
Minby_Aran

Character sheet
Test field: 1

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:13 pm

PeppyWil wrote:
mewt73 wrote:

You do remember correctly. I wasn't expecting it, the Bowser mains say not to use it, haha.
Duh, that throws people off when we DO do it.
Back to top Go down
https://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net
Stealth309
Stealth309

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:22 am

I think Bowser is cuter than a maltese puppy. Post this emoticon if you agree with me ---> What a Face
Back to top Go down
mewt73
advance member
mewt73

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:09 pm

I dunno what that puppy looks like but I doubt it. I don't think bowser is cute at all.

Now... Treeckoooo or drybones... cat
Back to top Go down
PeppyWil
SHU people
PeppyWil

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Boozer cute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoa this was weird   Whoa this was weird Empty

Back to top Go down

Whoa this was weird
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valiant Brawlers :: Brawl :: General Brawl Talk-
Jump to: